Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Forum HTML Templates?
#
The intention is to get all of the forum hosts to align in a single row, with three boards in each row, and to include them in the category toggle. The issue that I'm having is that none of this is working at the moment with the skin I'm building. When I remove the Template for the Forum Rows, everything works fine, so I think it's likely something in the code - I just can't figure out what. If you guys would like, I have a guest account set up that you can log into if need be.

This post has been edited by freakshow: May 22 2018, 04:30 PM
PM
#
bump
PM
#
Can you post the login for this guest account? And can you please post the HTML template you're using?

signature
And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. - Revelation 13:1-18

blood red. snow white.
PM
#
I did post the html template in my first post. The guest account is visitor and the password is symra1234
PM
#
bump
PM
#
Honestly seems like there might be an issue in the category header template, since the first forum is becoming the child of #cat_1 instead of #cat-1 likes #row-3 is

also PS, IDs are supposed to be unique among the entire page. Using a static ID like #fboard defeats that, and though most browsers will compensate and be able to handle a page that uses the same ID several times, you can't be sure they all will. Plus, JavaScript will throw a damn tantrum.
PM
#
QUOTE (Dusty @ May 25 2018, 11:28 PM)
Honestly seems like there might be an issue in the category header template, since the first forum is becoming the child of #cat_1 instead of #cat-1 likes #row-3 is

also PS, IDs are supposed to be unique among the entire page. Using a static ID like #fboard defeats that, and though most browsers will compensate and be able to handle a page that uses the same ID several times, you can't be sure they all will. Plus, JavaScript will throw a damn tantrum.

I don't have any coding in my category templates, they're totally bare and empty. It was decided that the issue lies somewhere in the forum templates when I removed the coding for the forum rows. I thought that those were unique forum ids, but I also changed them and still have the same issue. I even changed them to classes instead of ids and I'm still experiencing the same problem, except that when I switched the ids to classes, it removed some of the coding that was displaying properly.

This post has been edited by freakshow: Yesterday at 11:54 pm
PM
#
I know this is probably not what you want to hear, because it's not a straightforward answer and you've been struggling to get this solved for awhile, but as someone who has been picking away at this and trying to solve it, I would recommend you do what I do:

1. Make sure the code is preserved as it is now somewhere, other than within the template itself. You could PM it to yourself, save it in a notepad, etc.

2. Pick a Div and remove it, but make note of which div you removed last.

3. Do a hard refresh on your site.

4. Check and see if the collapse is working.

5. Repeat steps 2 - 4 until the collapse starts working as intended, or you're all out of DIVs.

6. Let us know which div was removed so that the collapse could work. Then we can start investigating that div - or during your debugging process you might discover something else. This is how I start to debug issues like this for myself.

signature
Kindly do not contact me on Discord or PM me for support.

user posted image
#
In addition to what Owl said, I'd highly recommend making a category header template, even if it's practically devoid. After removing the extra table elements from the default category header, the rows snapped into a line. Try using just this for now:

CODE
<div class="tableborder category" id="cat-<!-- |cat_id| -->">
 <div class='maintitle<!-- |collapsed_class| -->' align='left'>
   <span style='float:right;'>
     <a href='#' onclick='catcollapse("<!-- |cat_id| -->");return false;' id='main_<!-- |cat_id| -->'>
       <!-- |collapse_img| -->
     </a>
     &nbsp;&nbsp;
   </span>
   <{CAT_IMG}>
   <a href="index.php?c=<!-- |cat_id| -->">
     <!-- |cat_name| -->
   </a>
 </div>
 <div id='cat_<!-- |cat_id| -->' style="<!-- |collapsed_style| -->">
     <% FORUM_ROWS %>
 </div>
</div>
<br class='cat-lb' />

Also, I cannot stress enough: IDs that do not have variables attached to them (eg: cat-<!-- |cat_id| -->) should not be used in templates, and should be swapped to classes.

EDIT:

oh, nevermind, figured it. Your forum row content macro needs to be contained within a td element, a la
CODE
<td>
 <div id="row-1"></div>
 <div id="row-2"></div>
 <div id="row-3"></div>
</td>

In this second method, you'll need to modify the default category header template to include the tr td around <% FORUM_ROWS %>, without removing the table elements that I did before. eg:
CODE
<div class="tableborder category" id="cat-<!-- |cat_id| -->">
 <div class='maintitle<!-- |collapsed_class| -->' align='left'>
<span style='float:right;'><a href='#' onclick='catcollapse("<!-- |cat_id| -->");return false;' id='main_<!-- |cat_id| -->'><!-- |collapse_img| --></a>&nbsp;&nbsp;</span>
<{CAT_IMG}><a href="index.php?c=<!-- |cat_id| -->"><!-- |cat_name| --></a></div>
<div id='cat_<!-- |cat_id| -->' style="<!-- |collapsed_style| -->">
     <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="4">
       <tr class='forum-subheader'>
         <th align="center" width="2%" class='titlemedium'></th>
         <th align="left" width="59%" class='titlemedium'>Forum</th>
         <th align="center" width="7%" class='titlemedium'>Topics</th>
         <th align="center" width="7%" class='titlemedium'>Replies</th>
         <th align="left" width="25%" class='titlemedium'>Last Post Info</th>
       </tr>
       <tr><td>
  <% FORUM_ROWS %>
       </td></tr>
<tr>
         <td class='darkrow2' colspan="5">&nbsp;</td>
       </tr>
     </table>
</div>
</div>
<br class='cat-lb' />

Either method should get you this:
user posted image

aaaaaaand here's hoping I interpreted what you wanted correctly, otherwise this is just a bunch of babblydook C; In case you're interested, this article outlines it pretty well: https://css-tricks.com/using-divs-inside-tables/
essentially, table elements themselves do not expect flow content like divs, unless they're child to a td or th.

This post has been edited by Dusty: Today at 01:42 am
PM
#
Placing a code in the category html template fixed everything, thank you!!!
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll