Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Paragraph spaces in custom fields housed in <scipt>
#
I've encountered a problem. I have a feeling it's just how things are, but I thought I would check first.

I'm making custom profiles for a site. I'm using <script> to give IC and OOC accounts a different profile. It all works great until someone actually fills it out. If they put line spaces in the profile fields (which they really need to) the paragraphs break it and nothing displays. You can't use html tags within the custom fields to make paragraphs, so that's out.

So is there anything I can put in my script to stop the line breaks within the custom profile field from breaking it? Or so I need a separate field per paragraph to simulate the spaces?
PM
#
Depends how the script was written. Please provide a link to your board, or alternatively the script itself.
PM
#
QUOTE (Alternate.Pseudonym @ Nov 8 2016, 03:30 PM)
You can't use html tags within the custom fields to make paragraphs, so that's out.

You can if HTML is enabled.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll