Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Zetaboards-style [table] BB Code
#
Try this for a fix:

CODE
<script>
$('div.postcolor table').prevAll('br').hide();
</script>

signature
user posted image
#
QUOTE (Cory @ Jul 1 2018, 08:34 AM)
Try this for a fix:

CODE
<script>
$('div.postcolor table').prevAll('br').hide();
</script>

That helped make the big empty space go away, but now I can't have any line breaks in the post, and that's not good either. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/unsure.gif

I then simply swapped the [ ] to < > and added the dohtml tag, now it works like a charm, so I guess I'll just have to use html for our tables. For some reason my tables work even though the html is not in correct form like this:
CODE
<table>
 <tr>
   <td>Cell A</td>
   <td>Cell B</td>
 </tr>
</table>

I was surprised it works like this too http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif:
CODE
<table>
<tr><td>Cell A</td><td>Cell B</td></tr>
<tr><td>Cell C</td><td>Cell D</td></tr>
</table>

This post has been edited by Petyr: Jul 1 2018, 09:14 AM
PM
#
doHTML is probably a more viable solution in this case. I wasn't thinking of the proper structure of the HTML when it came to using .prevAll().

signature
user posted image
#
There seems to be a lot of popularity regarding having a table bbcode as a stock feature so it's something we'll look into -- but the issue you're having with the auto line breaks being added can't really be avoided at the moment unless the code is bunched together. In this case it's a limitation of the custom bbcode system.

The reason you aren't having it with [dohtml] is because the [dohtml] tag is special and does not add line breaks auto-magically. It's meant for raw html and css insertion -- auto line breaks wouldn't work out there.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
QUOTE (John @ Jul 1 2018, 12:07 PM)
There seems to be a lot of popularity regarding having a table bbcode as a stock feature so it's something we'll look into --

Thanks for even considering this! That's awesome!
ZetaBoards has awesome tables, and since ZB will cease to exist any day now, I'm sure many ZB admins who migrate to Jcink would love a table feature. I'm lovin Jcink so far, it does everything ZB does and even more, my only gripe is the hazzle with getting my tables to work. But for now our forum can live with html tables.
PM
#
Please consider including the zetaboards BBcode tables as a stock feature! I'm having a hard time figuring out how to use the tables here, as I have no experience with html or css. Neither do my members, and I want it to be as easy as possible for them. It would be greatly appreciated!

This post has been edited by Medic: Jul 11 2018, 09:09 PM
PM
#
Do you use line breaks within the table? Because, if so, I don't think there's a way to do it. Can you link to a post that has these breaks at the top due to the way you've structured the code? Just want to look at where the breaks happen, specifically.

signature
Kindly do not contact me on Discord or PM me for support.

user posted image
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll