Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Weirdness with HTML Templates
It's me again! This is my first time coding a skin with the HTML Templates (And they are a million times easier to work with than CFS and I love them!)

I have a couple of weird little quirks with the custom index and topic views. In my custom index, I have subforums coded into a div. I cannot click on the subforum links. I suspect I have divs overlapping somewhere but I cannot find them D:

There is a forum that displays incorrectly and I cannot for the life of me figure out why.

The index is here:

The forum displaying incorrectly is here:

Thank you for being so helpful and patient with me!
yeeep, this element is overlapping:
user posted image

remove the float:left; and position:relative; properties and replace them both with display:inline;

As far as the incorrectly displaying forum, I'd hazard a guess and say you're missing a tag somewhere in your templates that's causing the subforum list and topic list to split apart like that

yup dug through it again because it's quarter to four and why not

notice on the page that's fine, the #push-menu element is outside of the #wrapper element:
user posted image

whereas on the page that's borked, it's on the inside:
user posted image

somewhere or another, probably near the subforums include tag, there's an open-ended element

.. also fun fact, while rooting through there I found this default script:

user posted image
and that made me snort

This post has been edited by Dusty: Jan 14 2018, 03:51 AM
I can't stop looking at that script and laughing! XD

Thanks for that. Changing the display to inline fixed those right up. Now it's time to find the open-ended element.
I have yet to figure out how to fix that open-ended element on my subforum, and now this is happening:

user posted image

that one particular element just doesn't want to play nice with the rest of the board

what am I breaking gaaaaaah
What happens if you remove the description text -- does it play nice then?

email: :: blog: John C.
I don't explicitly know what's wrong, but I think if you set the line-height for .td-idx-desch to 0 (and adjust with your other divs), the break goes away (maybe you have an accidental break in the forum description input area?) and doesn't affect any other positioning. (This worked when I was playing with it with inspect element, so I'm hoping it'll work overall for you.)

As for the other forum that's acting strange, I think that you might have an open div somewhere (screenshot: The first one encompasses the entire rest of the page but the second one has a set end point

This post has been edited by PANSY PARKINSON: Jan 29 2018, 01:46 PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll