Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Different banners for specific Membergroups? [SOLVED]
#
So I had an idea of having different banners for the different member groups that participate on my site and was wondering how can I make that possible? How do I assign a different banner to a specific membergroup?

This is the link to my site

http://wakandasschoolofmagic.jcink.net/
PM
#
Find the following in your board wrappers:

<body>

Change it to this:

<body class="ID<!-- |g_id| -->">

Now you can use the following CSS to customize your banner per class:

.ID# .headerout div {background-image: url('URL HERE')!important}

Change URL HERE to the URL you would like to use.

Change # with the corresponding group number you would like to see the banner. To figure out the group number if you don't already know:

Log into your ACP > in the right-hand side click "Users and Groups" > under that click "Manage User Groups" > on this page you should see a table, the right-most column (titled ID) has the number you should use. Only use the number and omit the pound sign (#).

signature
#
Do I multiple copy/paste the

.ID# .headerout div {background-image: url('URL HERE')

code for each membergroup in the CSS?
PM
#
Yes, you do.

.ID3 .headerout div { } would be for group #3 only

.ID4 .headerout div { } would be for group #4 only

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
We are attempting this code, but are yielding results unsatisfying.

http://wakandasschoolofmagic.jcink.net/
PM
#
Two things

<!-- END THIS ABOVE ALL PUSHED CONTENT (HEADER, WRAPPER, ETC) --->

<body class="ID2">

Is breaking the ID class. There's an error in that comment. Instead of ---> replace it with --> (two dashes, not three).

Next, you have pasted all of that css in the wrappers. That is not where it goes. Put it in the stylesheet. All of the ID# attributes belong in the stylesheet/css.

signature
#
Got it figured out, thanks!
PM
#
This topic has been solved. If you need anymore help please post a new thread. Thanks for choosing Jcink services.

signature
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options ClosedNew TopicNew Poll