Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Point system for Groups
#
Hello. Had an idea that I'm not sure how to do on my own, but thought it could possibly be a feature added in the future.

It's a pretty simple idea. Using the IBStore points system, which awards points for posting and such, would it be possible to make some sort of way to easily calculate all the points for all members of a certain member group added together? If member A and member B both have 20 points apiece and are the only members of Group F, then Group F would show to have 40 points total. That sort of thing.

An example of this would be for use on a harry potter forum. Say they use the point system to represent one's house points, and so all of Gryffindor would add their individual points together and get their overall House Points to compare to the other houses. This could be displayed in their post details or somewhere else easily visible, rather than breaking out the calculator every time or constantly updating a tally.

It's not a vital system, but it would be awfully handy to have at your disposal. I know several forums would start using the point system more than they are now.
PM
#
Yes. I could either make this data visible as a statistic in the Admin CP or within the store itself. It'd be a matter of just me figuring out a query to run through users, add up their points, then display what groups have the most points.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
I was hoping that it wouldn't be too hard to just tally that stuff up, and for most of our purposes I think it'd be more than enough to simply have it viewable as a statistic in the admin CP. Of course, some sites could get extra use out of it by using it on the forum's index itself, but that's not vital.

Appreciate the quick response, thank you very much. Hope to see it in someday.
PM
#
Sorry for writing in an old thread, but I'm just curious if anything happened on this? It would be real handy for my site http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif
PM
#
There has been no progress on this feature, sorry.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Alright! Thanks for the response http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feature Requests | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll