Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Topic Author Tagging?
#
Would it be possible to make a BBCode or macro that would automatically tag the author of a thread in a post? Could be useful for character acceptance/pending forms where we use a custom BBCode with multimod for easy locking/moving/posting.
PM
#
The only Marco I can really think of is the @Tag bb code that is already listed within the topic code buttons. Is that what you are talking about? Because when you do so, it brings up this window:

Attached 1 File(s)
Attached Image

signature
user posted image
Made by me!
PM
#
The tagging feature is awesome. What I mean is to have a variable of some sort that will tag the topic author without having to input their username.

Something like @[<! -- | topic_starter| -->] if that makes sense. Where that would give you whoever started that particular topic.
PM
#
I've thought about trying to add @OP, shorthand for original poster, is that what you are looking for?

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
John - That's exactly it, yes.
PM
#
kjrod98, give it a try now

signature
#
Is the syntax just kjrod98 ?

Yay, it worked!

This post has been edited by kjrod98: Feb 7 2018, 03:26 PM
PM
#
I'm positive it's not perfect... but let me know if it messes up during any tagging.

signature
#
Okay, it seems a bit finicky with fast reply and whenever I edit the tag into a post (particularly with quick edit). Though I am using both custom bbcode and post row so that could very well be it. The first one has worked just fine each time I've used multi mods, and both seem to work perfectly fine when used in the normal reply window.

For reference the bbcodes are:

[ACCEPT]OP[/ACCEPT]
CODE
<!-- Start Accept Template --><div id="inforum-rules"><div class="temptitle">@(PARAM1)</div><hr><div class="tempsub">You have been <span style="color:green;">accepted</span>!</div></div><!-- End Accept Template -->

[PEND]reasons[/PEND]
CODE
<!-- Start Pend Template--><div id="inforum-rules"><div class="temptitle">kjrod98</div><hr><div class="tempsub">You have <span style="color:red; font-weight:bold;">two weeks</span> to correct the following:</div><br/><br/>(PARAM1)</div><!-- End Pend Template -->
PM
#
I didn't configure it for edited posts yet at all, sorry - so that's probably why it doesn't work at all on edit.

Not sure about fast reply as it works fine there for me.

signature
#
John - Oh lol.

It seems to work on fast reply most of the time, just two of the posts I made it decided not to. Either way it's not anything earth-breaking for me.
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feature Requests | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll