Pages: (6) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Icyboards -> Jcink convertor
#
Add me to the list of those waiting! I'm also playing around with a test board. I don't plan to move my board until the first week of July, though.
#
Hi John,

Any news on the conversion yet?

regards

Alan
PM
#
I am also waiting patiently for a conversion, looking forward to any news http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif
#
QUOTE (alan sh @ Jun 4 2018, 04:35 PM)
Hi John,

Any news on the conversion yet?

regards

Alan

It will be another couple of weeks from now. After seeing the results from forum database you provided, it needs more work.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
OK. Do you need another database to try out? I have a second forum I'm managing over there.

regards

Alan
OK. Do you need another database to try out? I have a second forum I'm managing over there.

regards

Alan
PM
#
Another one would be great, Alan. More diverse data. Send it over. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif Thanks much.

signature
#
John,

When I get home from work, I'll send mine over, too if you'd like.

Miriam
#
John I sent you mine too, since it's got a bunch of unique **** in it.

signature
user posted image
PM
#
Thanks to both!

signature
#
Sent just now.
PM
#
Received; also I sent you a follow up email.

signature
#
Still waiting and hoping there's a solution to thread prefixes. I need them to function.
PM
#
QUOTE (Electrocutioner @ Jun 6 2018, 08:06 PM)
Still waiting and hoping there's a solution to thread prefixes. I need them to function.

I do not expect this to be implemented by the time conversions start at this point; so if it is critical to you or anyone else I wanted to be honest and make that known.

signature
#
How do thread pre-fixes work. Specifically:

1. Do you ever use more than one prefix on a thread?
2. How many different prefixes do you have?
3. Can members use them, or just staff?
4. Do they have any use other than just being something that shows up on the thread itself?

signature
Kindly do not contact me on Discord or PM me for support.

user posted image
#
That is going to be a problem when my board is converted. Is it possible for me to request someone make me a code to use in the meantime?
QUOTE (owl @ Jun 6 2018, 08:13 PM)
How do thread pre-fixes work. Specifically:

1. Do you ever use more than one prefix on a thread?
2. How many different prefixes do you have?
3. Can members use them, or just staff?
4. Do they have any use other than just being something that shows up on the thread itself?

1. No. Just one. But some prefixes are unique to certain forums. I'd like to retain that ability if at all possible, as listing them all in one spot would make the list a bit long/I'd be forced to shorten the entire list as it is.

2. Lots, somewhere between 20 and 30. For our RPs we use "game" prefixes to mark what game the characters are playing in that thread. [Our RP revolves around characters playing multiple types of games. We add more when new games are played.] Outside of the RP area we use them for warnings or labels, like labelling what kind of fandom something is in the media section; if it's a video game, movie, etc, or marking a thread for spoilers or sensitive content.

3. Everyone can use them. I'd hate to have to manually mark every thread.

4. I'm unsure of what this means so I explained the full use I make of them in answer 2, but visually, they appear on the topic list page as well as the title of the thread itself when being viewed [but that one is optional; I'd just like to mark and warn for things on the topic view]. They are normally next to the post icons. If it's possible to remove the default post icons and replace them with my own images I can do this instead as another workaround for now. But I really want the full capability to use prefixes with text formatting and image insertion. But my forum has no use for the post icons anyway so I would be happy with that until a proper system is implemented.
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Dust
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feedback and Discussion | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (6) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll