Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Alive?
#
Is JCink Forum's even alive anymore.? You don't hear to much about Jcink anymore, there facebook page haven't been updated since 2015. Not much going on the support forum. Not much as of changes and updates.. Is it even worth me hosting my forum on jcink? or should I just go with icyboards?
PM
#
The facebook page is a poor representation of the service because I don't update it and we'll probably just scrap it or revamp it. Twitter has been proven to be a more popular medium for updates and with the server status page, facebook serves no purpose. I apologize about that and we'll do something about it since it obviously affected your impression of the service as it may do for others as well.

That being said... there have been plenty of updates and changes. This service is still fully supported. I'm answering you at 1:26AM EST as well if that's any indication about dedication as well. Have you checked any recent feedback threads lately as well in this very forum?

Our current projects include https encrypted browsing which has basically been delivered at this point, and a resource content managament system. Major projects in the last couple of years have been the html template system, alerts & user tagging, stronger captcha and spam prevention and of course constant benefit increases (w/o a single price increase) for premium users.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
I've been using jcink for three years and I've yet to see a lapse in support. Most of the time, support requests get answered within a few minutes, unless John is sleeping.

The fact that he runs this place without any help and is able to be so quick makes it the best forum host in my book.

signature
user posted image user posted image user posted image
#
QUOTE (SithLordOfSnark @ Sep 26 2017, 01:44 AM)
I've been using jcink for three years and I've yet to see a lapse in support. Most of the time, support requests get answered within a few minutes, unless John is sleeping.

The fact that he runs this place without any help and is able to be so quick makes it the best forum host in my book.

Thanks I appreciate that. I'm also a full time CS/IT college student, but only for one more year now thankfully.

signature
#
QUOTE (John)

The facebook page is a poor representation of the service because I don't update it and we'll probably just scrap it or revamp it.

There is a way around it if I can suggest it?

You can actually Link your Facebook Page directly to Twitter, so basically what you post on Facebook will also automatically be posted to Twitter. This can be beneficial for those using either/or.

Also if you end up doing longer posts a link will appear on the Twitter Feed so you can read the rest of the post from the facebook page (and users won't actually have to be logged in to see the rest of the post).

Just an idea. At least then those who don't use twitter but have facebook can still check out the news, and vice versa. I've done it with my page and it's actually easy to set up.

It's just a suggestion but it's up to you if you wanted to do this or not.
PM
#
Actually that'd work too. Definitely will look into that.

signature
#
I remember that jcink just used to be a place to just download stuff a long time ago. I even have a screen shot of it.

user posted image

XD

signature
#
    I don't..

wut?

Was that John's page at the time? Because MAN that is so late 90's early 2000's, lmfao
PM
#
I don't think John owned it back then.

signature
#
Nope. that's mine.

The domain name has been owned since 2002. I was about 13 years old when that homepage was made. It did in fact use to just be a download portal for anything. It wasn't until late 2003 that I began using Invision Board. No forum host, just a community. And the rest after that, well, here we are.

signature
#
OMG. Hahaha. That screenshot is amazing!! John, I didn't realize how young you were/are. I'm grateful to the OPTroll for this thread because the answers are gold.

I read the troll post like this: "FACEBOOK IS THE ONLY SOURCE OF INFO! I DON'T KNOW HOW TO READ ACTIVITY / TIME STAMPS ON SUPPORT FORUM! I'M GOING TO SMUGLY SUGGEST I USE ICYBOARDS."

I run a board using jcink. It's my favorite host of choice. Regardless of whether "people talk about it or not", there is a huge community that chooses jcink as their host.

P.S. Awesome on one year left, John!
PM
#
QUOTE (John @ Sep 29 2017, 03:50 AM)
Nope. that's mine.

The domain name has been owned since 2002. I was about 13 years old when that homepage was made. It did in fact use to just be a download portal for anything. It wasn't until late 2003 that I began using Invision Board. No forum host, just a community. And the rest after that, well, here we are.

That's priceless.

signature
#
Oh. My. God. They found your old pages.

Two words: Coolcat Comics

Also I'm supposed to be the one updating the Facebook page at this time I'm not even sure if John's Facebook account is linked into it as an admin, which is so so so bad. But last semester I was in school and didn't bother much and lately I've not been on it period since John usually posts development updates on here and on Twitter. We did discuss linking it to Twitter previously....aaaaand then no one actually did it.

signature

user posted image
YouTube | Email: crystal@jcink.com | Blog: Seriously Lacqueing
DeviantArt
#
This is why people think we're dead I get these daily reminders that "people want to hear from Jcink" but uhm guys, I been busy. SORRY!

Now they want us to prepare for the holidays, well dang.

Attached 1 File(s)
Attached Image

signature

user posted image
YouTube | Email: crystal@jcink.com | Blog: Seriously Lacqueing
DeviantArt
#
Jcink is still very much alive, I'm always seeing new forums pop up that uses Jcink as their server in RP directories.

signature
RP Genres I love: Historical Fiction, Arranged Marriage, Mutants (Xmen), Vampires, Anime (message for specific); Jcink/IF preference; your site fit this? Hit me up with a PM user posted image
Jcink Facebook Support Group

YA Book Feedback Wanted!
Survey, 100% Anonymous (Google Docs) Sexual Orientation!
*New*My Tumblr!</span>
Help me grow my pokemon user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feedback and Discussion | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll