Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

How do I create a mini profile template?
#
I noticed a lot of rpg sites have their own mini profile templates. I don't want to risk banishment for simply "taking" a template, but I'm not going to steal it, I would leave on the credit, it's just that some people take things the wrong way. Therefore, I want to learn how to create my own.

If anyone can help me, that would be great!
#
I've had some help with this one but you can use this:

CODE
<div class="postbit"><!-- |avatar| --><br><center><!-- |title| --></center></div>
<div class="postbit">Age: <!-- |age| --></div>
<div class="postbit"><!-- |member_rank_img| --><!-- |g_icon| -->Group: <!-- |member_group| --></div>
<div class="postbit">Credits: <!-- |points| --></div>
<div class="postbit">Posts: <!-- |posts| --></div>
<div class="postbit">Member No.: <!-- |id| --></div>
<div class="postbit">Joined: <!-- |member_joined| --></div>

<!-- |warn_text| --> <!-- |warn_minus| --><!-- |warn_img| --><!-- |warn_add| -->

You may be able to do some changes to customize how you want it, but I would be the wrong person to ask regarding Mini Profiles.

Also, I got then off the Wiki Page.

owl is the one who helped me change the structure on Custom Mini Profile Structure.

I hope this is what you're looking for?
PM
#
How do I customize it?
#
You first enable it by going to ACP > Skins and Templates > Profile Templates.

Then you can go to HTML Templates. Fill out the required information then click "Create a new HTML Template Set.

Hope this helps? If you're looking for something specific other than what I posted (in my code) again I'd be the wrong person to ask.

If you want the Point System you must have the IB Store enabled. If not you won't have to worry about

CODE
<div class="postbit">Credits: <!-- |points| --></div>

That being said I shared everything I know. Any further information needed will need to be from someone else.
PM
#
I was thinking about adding borders and all.
#
Ok sorry for the misunderstanding.

Borders do come with the template but if you want to customize them I really don't know how (if possible). Someone will have to verify if you can do this and the codes you'd need.

John and possibly owl can clarify if you can do this or not (possibly other members as well).
PM
#
Our wiki page here contains the documentation that you will need to learn how to customize your profile: Custom Mini Profile Templates as well as how to use the system. It explains the use of variables, and a complete list of variables that you can use in the mini profile HTML template can be found here

In terms of specific design elements -- the design is really up to the person making it, so you won't find anything on those pages regarding that. Of course, everyone's design taste is different, so the guides are more generally how to use the system.

Using the Mini Profile system to design an original template requires knowledge of HTML and CSS. What most will do is download a premade skin or template and modify that to suit their needs. I'm not sure why anyone would have a problem with that especially with credit, unless they expressly stated they didn't want it modified.

If you truly want to learn how to create your own designs I would start with mastering HTML and CSS. w3schools has excellent guides here. They are what I started with. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

https://www.w3schools.com/html/
https://www.w3schools.com/css/

To answer the question regarding borders, this is the css property you need:

https://www.w3schools.com/css/css_border.asp

You can look up a variety of properties in the pages I linked above as well.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Many resource sites provide free mini profile templates.
I recommend using those to start off with before making your own if you don't have much knowledge of HTML&CSS - especially if certain things are meant to only be visible on profiles for specific groups
PM
#
Yeah, but that's why I said, I don't want to risk banishment.

As for John and Cronus, thanks for attempting to help me out, but I guess I'll have to find another source. Otherwise, I'll be going in circles. I DO understand html/css coding, but the template always comes up malfunctioning. Therefore, I might ask someone on a resource site. or owl for that matter.

This post has been edited by Alyssum Raeleigh: Feb 13 2018, 03:47 PM
#
QUOTE (Alyssum Raeleigh @ Feb 13 2018, 04:46 PM)
Yeah, but that's why I said, I don't want to risk banishment.

3rd party resource sites provide free templates for others to customize. That's not the same as lifting someone's MP off their site.

The template should not be malfunctioning when you paste it in. We can always take a look at a free template that interests you and see where the issue is step by step after you try to implement it.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
QUOTE (Alyssum Raeleigh @ Feb 13 2018, 03:46 PM)
...I DO understand html/css coding, but the template always comes up malfunctioning...

Hello there! I'm just a regular member here, but let me say: the awesome thing about this support forum is that if you encounter specific malfunctions, there's usually someone there to help with that! What you're asking for help with, currently, is pretty broad. If you have a good understanding of HTML / CSS then tossing on some boarders etc. should theoretically be pretty easy to accomplish but, if not - or if something else is giving you trouble - never fear! You can hop in here, and if there's someone who knows how to help you out, then they will.

Since I've been name dropped AND PM'd regarding this, let me echo the current good & helpful advice in saying that I recommend:

1. Checking out some resource sites. I don't know if they can be linked here or not, but Google can come to the rescue in this. OR since you already have some coding knowledge and, it seems, somewhat of a vision

2. Trying to make your own mini-profile yourself, and hitting this site up if you run into problems. One of the really neat things about the mini-profiles is that the options for customization are nearly endless - though with that it mind, it makes the current topic so broad it's difficult to give you the assistance you request.

signature
Kindly do not contact me on Discord or PM me for support.

user posted image
#
Trying to make your own mini-profile yourself, and hitting this site up if you run into problems. One of the really neat things about the mini-profiles is that the options for customization are nearly endless - though with that it mind, it makes the current topic so broad it's difficult to give you the assistance you request.

Okay, so I apparently haven't made myself clear and I screwed up again.
let me link a few mini profile templates and my own site.

This is what I want my mini profile to look like (any of them by the selection): LINK HERE!
This is what it actually looks like and what I mean by " default" LINK HERE!

I want to learn how to create a "stylish" profile template like the ones shown in the first link. I understand html/css but instead of getting a nice border, I always get this:
CODE
p.solid {border-style: solid;}
right between my username and avatar. HTML is enabled.

And i hope you have an account on shine because apparently they don't let guests view templates.

This post has been edited by Alyssum Raeleigh: Feb 14 2018, 04:03 PM
#
So, I have a Shine account but that link still shows up as broken, unfortunately.

If I may ask, why don't you just grab a pre-made template from Shine?

signature

user posted image
#
The last time I tried to do a similar action to that, the administration of another site took it WAAAY too seriously and the wrong way. I tried to explain that I had permission, but they banned me before I could tell them that they made a mistake. I want to avoid conflict and miscommunication in the future.

it's just that some people take things the wrong way. Therefore, I want to learn how to create my own.

This post has been edited by Alyssum Raeleigh: Feb 14 2018, 08:27 AM
#
Yes, but if you don't lift it from an actual site and, instead, take it from the templates section on a resource site there's no reason for anyone to be upset. That's exactly what the template section on resource sites are for - you just have to leave credits intact, and follow any other rules they might lay down.

There is no way to just teach people to make miniprofiles like that (again, the link to your example is still broken, so it's hard to say what like that means, anyway). Making complicated mini-profiles takes design and coding knowledge that can't simply be imparted in a few moments in such a broad way, you understand?

That being said, you have linked us to your site - what exactly about your current mini-profile would you like changed? That's something that we can maybe help with.

signature

user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll