Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

tagging in topic title
#
Sorry to keep flooding you with all these requests, but I was wonder if it would be possible to allow tagging in topic titles. I'm not sure how possible this is, or if it's been addressed before, but since tagging is enabled in topic descriptions, I thought it might be doable.
PM
#
QUOTE (kstark @ Dec 11 2016, 11:10 AM)
Sorry to keep flooding you with all these requests, but I was wonder if it would be possible to allow tagging in topic titles. I'm not sure how possible this is, or if it's been addressed before, but since tagging is enabled in topic descriptions, I thought it might be doable.

Why not just use the description? It is easier, since adding a tag to the title is pointless, especially since half the time it won't even fit.

signature
#
We will not be adding it to the title because of the description support. I think it is not so known though that description tagging is a feature, though. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
I totally understand. And it's a shame that the topic description tagging goes unnoticed — it's an incredibly useful and well-designed feature. Honestly, I'm sort of beating myself up for only recently having made use of the Alerts System, haha.

SithLordOfSnark, to clarify, the reason is for organizational purposes. There are certain types of content on my board that require a specific topic description that does not include the username of the poster, whereas the topic title is the username of the poster.

Essentially, it would be a way to automatically track a topic without having to select that option or manually track it. Obviously, there are other ways to do this, like the two I just mentioned, for instance, I just figured it might be easier for those less familiar with Jcink to do it this way. But again, it's definitely not a necessary feature, just figured I'd throw this out there and see what the options were.
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feature Requests | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll