Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Member Awards Overhaul
#
Hello, this is a request to upgrade an already existing feature.

Currently as it stands awards can be added to each user. Problem is if you plan to remove an award you need to go through every user and delete. The feature itself is very simple and could do with a little more detail added to it.

So my suggestion is to make award groups, similar to how Manage User Groups is set up.

This way if you want to delete an award it will be removed from all members, you can quickly add multiple members to an award and you can also see how many members have each award. You can edit an award to change its icon image, award name, description etc and it would change an award on all members. You can still add individual and unique awards to members but now awards given out to multiple members can be done more easily too.

I've also noticed you cannot reorganize the awards issued to a user, we should be able to do that too.

Here's a quick glance at Enjins user manager: (Just to try and explain my idea a little better)
user posted image

On the left is the user groups which can have "tags" added to each member (Similar to awards). Depending which order the tags are in will also determine the order they are shown on site. A user can be in multiple tags, this is similar to what I had in mind.

Thanks for reading, keep up the great work smile.gif

This post has been edited by Aurora: Jul 24 2015, 11:29 AM
PM
#
I was about to post something to this effect! I would love to have any way to mass delete awards rather than searching profile by profile AND have a way to organize them on someone's profile? Even better
PM
#
Yes, I was just searching to see if this was in the works, or already available.

I'd love to be able to mass award users, mass delete, search by award recipient, etc.

BUT

I'd also like to be able to arrange the order in which awards appear in a mini profile, instead of just putting the newest award at the top. If a user was awarded something "prestigious", for example, and they wanted that one to appear at the top of the list, then they could set it to appear first.

Another example is my forum, which currently uses the award system to display Weaknesses and Strengths, to be used when rolling dice for RP outcomes.

Example: user posted image

I want those stats awards to remain displayed at the top of the awards icons lists in the minu profiles, rather than being pushed down by other awards.

signature
user posted image user posted image
PM
#
I essentially 4th this. It's a huge pain to always put the same award in for multiple people. If there was a dropdown or add table, it would make things less chaotic. I mean smilies friggin have this...
PM
#
I just want to let you know I 100% agree with you guys, but the awards have always been on a low-priority scale with regard to development. More and more people are using this though, so we'll look at improving it in the near future for sure.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
(I originally wrote this as a standalone post but then I found this one so sorry if I'm just reiterating what everyone is saying here, but these are my ideas)

As a forum that uses the award system quite frequently my staff and I were wondering if it would be possible to store awards in the ACP so they can be assigned to characters instead of having to enter the award manually each time and they can be selected from a drop-down menu instead.

As a followup to that: would it be possible to add a sort feature for awards so they could be displayed in alphabetical order or by "type" (if it was possible to assign a type to awards if they could be stored). "Type" would be a label like OOC, IC, Plot, Etc.

-----------------

PM
#
I'd like to see this happen too!

That being said, here's a work-around I keep on tap:

1. 100% discount for the shop for whatever staff account is handling the awards
2. Awards added as shop items - to their own category. Because of the discount you can make them expensive enough for people to avoid cheating by outright buying them.
3. The staff account that handles awards can buy them from the shop and send them to people.

An alternative to step two is to let the awards staff account mass buy the awards and then hide the item in the shop.

signature
Kindly: do not contact me on Discord for support, do not PM me for support. Thanks for understanding!
#
I'm curious - where on-page would be most convenient for quick award tools, for all y'all? I'm hesitant to disrupt the flow of miniprofiles, since I know they're like the holy grail of skinning, but being embedded in the post-row makes for super easy data grabs.

The saved awards 'templates' would be simple enough, but sorting them on page alphabetically would be.. well, a drag, since your browser would have to sort each award on a page every load. But, you could totally sort them by 'group' if you set the award image source to a series of tags, etcetera, and reconstructed the awards after page load, and then append each award with a certain tag to its own inline parent container.
PM
#
Dusty I'm confused by your question lol. I think most of us (or I was, at least) were talking about a change to the award system in the ACP.

And I was thinking that in the ACP we could assign groups to the awards and then we could choose which awards displayed first, second, and so one. For example, for our site the award groups would probably be something like: rank, OTMs, connections, plots (or something close to that) and then we'd arrange them so the Rank would show up first, followed by the connections, plots, and OTM.

The way I think of it the award groups would be the same design as reordering forums, just numbering them 1 - 5 or whatever would determine which ones showed up first.
PM
#
Sorry, I didn't notice (or remember, given that the ACP is mentioned prominently) that! Ignore me C:
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feature Requests | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll