Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Adding a description to parent forum makes child forums vanish!
#
See screenshots below. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/sad.gif

user posted image
user posted image
PM
#
Please link your board so we can see the issue on site. This is a skinning issue.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
https://roaringdandelion.jcink.net/

Currently I've removed the description so the sub-forums will be visible.
PM
#
Leaving the error visible would help. Also:

THE FOLLOWING ERRORS WERE FOUND:
The board administrator requires all members to log in

Looks like we might need the credentials of a test account - that is, a regular member account and not a staff account.

signature
Kindly: do not contact me on Discord for support, do not PM me for support. Thanks for understanding!
#
UN: Test Account
PW: sundoctrog

And in case it's helpful, the skin I'm using was originally pulled from here:

http://bonbonskins.jcink.net/index.php?showforum=7

This post has been edited by thenoisyflower: Apr 17 2018, 02:33 PM
PM
#
Just realized that the skin is using using CFS or custom forum structure for the forum rows. This may be the reason why, but we can't debug it until it's converted.

Please follow this migration guide for the custom index:

https://jcink.com/main/wiki/jfh-converting-...tes?s=migration

Then, see if the problem persists. If it does, leave the desc in the forum so we can take a look. It will be easier to figure out the issue once it is converted.

signature
#
So, the only item I could find that matched the CFS instructions was the customIndex - there were no similiar blocks for Stats, Topics, Profiles, Posts, etc.

I moved that over, and the problem has persisted (and actually gotten worse - now ALL my sub-forums are invisible, description or not).

Switching over to the HTML template has also caused a new issue. Screen shot below - the template has added 'forums', 'topics', 'replies', and 'last post information' headers that, because of the structure of the custom layout, are both redundant and in the wrong place.

I think I'm just going to put things back the way they were and deal with not having a description in that forum. I don't want to keep messing things up.

Thanks for trying!

user posted image

This post has been edited by thenoisyflower: Apr 19 2018, 12:37 PM
PM
#
thenoisyflower ah, I see what happened. you need to add the category subheader template from the migration guide. looks like only forum rows were added. That will remove the subheading and format the template correctly. There are no stats, topics, profiles, posts, etc, correct. That skin is only utilizing customindex.

signature
#
Alrighty, trying this again - I've filled in the Forum Rows template again and C&Ped the subforum code provided in the wiki.

My subforums are still invisible, unfortunately, but I fixed the problem of the duplicate headers (forum, topics, replies, etc.). Do I need to do something with the <{SUB_SEPCHAR}> macro to fix this?

Also, can you tell me where in the HTML templates the remaining code (below) needs to go?

user posted image

I'm also getting this message at the top of my boards now...

user posted image

This post has been edited by thenoisyflower: May 8 2018, 01:12 PM
PM
#
UPDATE: I was able to remove the message from Black by removing the script source line from the board wrapper. PHEW.
PM
#
Just to clarify, still having the issue with my subforums not showing up and still need to know where the rest of that customindex code should go.

Thanks!
PM
#
Clarifying: you do have the <!-- |subforums| --> /<!-- |subforums_list| --> variable inserted in the forum row template, right? I ask because I can see this in the DOM where your subforums should be:

CODE
<div class="msub" style="margin: 1px!important;">{%subforumlist}</div>

As far as the rest of the customindex code, I believe those entries get disseminated into several different skin macros. I don't know which all of them go to, but I'll try my best:

CODE

target:   "board", ---> nil,
subforumSeperator: ", ", ---> <{SUB_SEPCHAR}>
subforumNone:  "This forum has no subforums.", ---> you'll probably need to structure and use CSS to present this note
addBefore:  false, ---> nil. This is content added before each category, which can be controlled in the Category Headers template
addAfter:  false, ---> nil, see above
dateDefault:  "--", ---> I believe this defaults to '--'
titleDefault:  "----", ---> as does this
authorDefault:  "" ---> and this

This post has been edited by Dusty: May 10 2018, 12:45 PM
PM
#
I don't, no. I followed the migration instructions and just copy-pasted everything between the quotes after html: into the forum row template. So, right now, my forum row template looks like this:

<div id="row-<!-- |forum_id| -->" alt="" class="new-row">
<table class='mboard' width='100%' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0'><tr><td class='mforum'><div class='mtitle'> {%link}</div><div class='mlast1'>{%marker} Last post by {%lp-author} on {%lp-date} in {%lp-title}.</div><div class='mdescrip'>{%description}</div></td><td class='mtopics'><div class='mnumber1'> {%topics}<div class='subnumber1'>topics</div> </div><div class='mnumber2'> {%replies}<div class='subnumber1'>replies</div></div></td><td class='mlast'><div class='msub' style='margin: 1px!important;'>{%subforumlist}</div></td></tr></table>
</div>

Can you let me know where to insert the subforum variable? I'm very new at all this and still learning.

Thanks for your help!
PM
#
That's alright. Check out this wiki article and use it as a reference as you go:
https://jcink.com/main/wiki/jfh-html-templates

See all those entries that start with '{%'? Those are all macros from CFS, which you've since migrated away from - thus, they won't work anymore. Each one will need to be replaced with its corresponding/closest match from the aforementioned wiki. For instance, to get the subforums list to appear again, replace '[%subforumlist}' with '<!-- |subforums| -->'

This post has been edited by Dusty: May 10 2018, 12:49 PM
PM
#
Awesome. I'll try that now. Thanks again!

Ok, so I changed my forum row header template to this, and it mostly worked:

<div id="row-<!-- |forum_id| -->" alt="" class="new-row">
<table class='mboard' width='100%' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0'><tr><td class='mforum'><div class='mtitle'> <!-- |name| --></div><div class='mlast1'><!-- |img_new_post| --> Last post by <!-- |last_poster| --> on <!-- |last_post| --> in <!-- |last_topic| -->.</div><div class='mdescrip'><!-- |description| --></div></td><td class='mtopics'><div class='mnumber1'> <!-- |topics| --><div class='subnumber1'>topics</div> </div><div class='mnumber2'> <!-- |replies| --><div class='subnumber1'>replies</div></div></td><td class='mlast'><div class='msub' style='margin: 1px!important;'><!-- |subforums_list| --></div></td></tr></table>
</div>

I tried using <!-- |subforums| --> originally, but it messed up the spacing of the subforums (see image - the subforums are aligned at the bottom rather than centered).

user posted image

I've just got one new, minor issue which is that the icon for "new post/new reply" is showing up beside the names of subforums (image below). I tried removing a few things from the code to make it disappear, but no dice.

Removing <!-- |img_new_post| --> just removes the "new post" marker from beside the line of text under the main forum title, without removing it from the subforum boxes. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/sad.gif

user posted image

This post has been edited by thenoisyflower: May 10 2018, 01:10 PM
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll