Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

APOSTROPHE IN CUSTOM PROFILE FIELD
#
I've just noticed recently that when HTML is enabled in Custom Profile Fields, and a Custom Profile Field has an apostrophe in it, anything after the apostrophe is automatically removed.

For instance, if we were to put "Don't" in a CPF, it would change to "Don". After some testing, I'm certain this only happens when HTML is enabled. Strangely enough, it still displays correctly on the board, only in the Admin CP does it display incorrectly. And naturally, if the profile is edited again, it will change to the incorrect version on the board. Attempting to fix it will result in it being correct on the board but not the Admin CP once again.
PM
#
While I'd definitely love to see this fixed, just an FYI - a decent workaround for the time being is to use ' instead of actually typing an apostrophe.
PM
#
But this will be fixed. I didn't know that this was still an issue. During the HTML templates beta someone brought this up and I changed something and it was fixed for them. It either came back or wasn't completely fixed to begin with. I've confirmed the bug here though, thank you for the report.

Temp workaround: change the input box to a textarea.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Awesome, thanks for the workarounds!
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Bug Reports | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll