ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Network Issues (Wildcard50x, IPs)
#
This morning we had a few issues with our network due to some changes made by our provider. (We were not given notice).

1. There was a hard ~4M of downtime reported earlier this morning around 6/7am EST.

2. Based on my analysis, after this event, IP addresses were showing up as all the same on some boards. Real IP address of users were not being displayed, but rather an internal IP address from our network provider (BlackLotus.net).

This issue has been resolved, however, if you see this IP in your logs or members posts, do not be alarmed.

This incident was not our fault; unfortunately I was not notified there was going to be this change...

3. Users are experiencing some 'slow' pageloads and a "WildCard50x" error. I am working with them to hopefully resolve this problem quickly.

Thanks for your patience and apologies for the inconvenience.

-John

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Update: We resolved the wildcard50x problems with our provider earlier today, however, they returned. I am still actively working with them to trace the source of this problem (it's on their end, not ours). I truly apologize for the inconvenience.

signature
#
Update: I moved *.jcink.net and .com off of one of the affected nodes and put them on a different one while they work out this issue. Some of you with custom domains using the direct IP address are still on the old node, but the issue has subsided/been resolved.

Thanks for your patience.

signature
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Announcements | Next Newest »

Options ClosedNew TopicNew Poll