Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Weirdness with HTML Templates
#
It's me again! This is my first time coding a skin with the HTML Templates (And they are a million times easier to work with than CFS and I love them!)

I have a couple of weird little quirks with the custom index and topic views. In my custom index, I have subforums coded into a div. I cannot click on the subforum links. I suspect I have divs overlapping somewhere but I cannot find them D:

There is a forum that displays incorrectly and I cannot for the life of me figure out why.

The index is here: http://thedraft.jcink.net

The forum displaying incorrectly is here: http://thedraft.jcink.net/?showforum=104

Thank you for being so helpful and patient with me!
PM
#
yeeep, this element is overlapping:
user posted image

remove the float:left; and position:relative; properties and replace them both with display:inline;

As far as the incorrectly displaying forum, I'd hazard a guess and say you're missing a tag somewhere in your templates that's causing the subforum list and topic list to split apart like that

EDIT;

yup dug through it again because it's quarter to four and why not

notice on the page that's fine, the #push-menu element is outside of the #wrapper element:
user posted image

whereas on the page that's borked, it's on the inside:
user posted image

somewhere or another, probably near the subforums include tag, there's an open-ended element

.. also fun fact, while rooting through there I found this default script:

user posted image
and that made me snort

This post has been edited by Dusty: Jan 14 2018, 03:51 AM
PM
#
I can't stop looking at that script and laughing! XD

Thanks for that. Changing the display to inline fixed those right up. Now it's time to find the open-ended element.
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll