Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Transfering from one host to another?, Suggestion
#
John, I just realized that now more people want to transfer from one host to Jcink due to any various reasons, such as crap hosting, Tapatalk take-over etc.

I just thought, because there have been a lot of potential users who are looking into Jcink, why not have a new thread (not sure if there is one) of any host that can be transferred from host A. to Jcink.

I don't know how many hosts you can transfer, or how difficult to come up with a list (not sure how many hosts that are transferable).

I personally feel this would be a good thing to post if it's simple to do.

Just a suggestion and I'm sure there would be others who agree with this. If you can comeup with a list to post, it can be pinned for easy find.

Now that TT is taking over so many hosts, I'm sure the demand for Jcink will be greater so I'm guessing more and more are going to look into Jcink, wondering if their sites can be transferable.

Anyway, just an idea.
PM
#
http://jcink.com/main/wiki/faq-database?s=invisionfree
At this time only imports permitted are InvisionFree according to that.

It also says that for anything else, it's not ruled out permitted that you can get the database and there is enough demand to write the script to transfer over.
PM
#
Well, according to John in another thread, if Brandon would at least allow the ZB board owners to get their forum databases, he would be willing to help:

http://forum.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=29540

However - no database, no conversion. And John does not like the concept of illegally obtained forum databases for conversions.

#
QUOTE (mnikolic @ May 17 2018, 02:39 AM)
However - no database, no conversion. And John does not like the concept of illegally obtained forum databases for conversions.

This is really the killer here.

Many other hosts will not allow you to download your database. Not even for a fee. InvisionFree was unique in this aspect, actually, in that you could pay for a full, real backup of the database. I cannot name that many other hosts that allow you to do this. So it's more of a matter of feasability - there just aren't any that can be transferred here. Cronus, I seem to remember you being in a very similar situation as well.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feedback and Discussion | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll