Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Avatars in posts are suddenly not working? [SOLVED]
#
Nvm, I just went back and copied the code from the source and it fixed it. Just have to redo all my edits to it now, guh. x_x

Sorry about the time waste.

This post has been edited by Menkyfish: Aug 6 2016, 02:26 PM

signature
user posted image user posted image
gif credit

We're open as of February 25th! Remodeling. See you in September!
#
Both avatars and the font icons are showing up for me. I'll attach a screenshot just in case I mis-interpreted what you're talking about, and you can clarify. No worries Menkyfish. Also, here's how I do a default image for an avatar:

<div style="background: default avatar here; height: avatar height; width: avatar width"><!-- |avatar| --></div>

It's a simple code but it works pretty well - if someone doesn't have an avatar they see the background, but if they do have an avatar the background is hidden, so it works as a default avatar.

Recently, however, the default avatar has been added as a macro so that's also an option: check out more info on that here.

This post has been edited by owl: Aug 6 2016, 02:41 PM

Attached 1 File(s)
Attached Image

signature
#
http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif Oh whoa, the fa-fa icons are working again. No idea how that happened, tbh... (Idk what else to call them, lol.)

And 1,000 thank yous for the information about the default avatar! <3 <3

(Though part of the mess I was stuck with was trying to make a 'default avatar' appear elsewhere rather than just the mini-profile. Not sure if that's even a thing?)

This post has been edited by Menkyfish: Aug 6 2016, 02:45 PM

signature
gif credit

#
QUOTE (Menkyfish @ Aug 6 2016, 01:44 PM)
http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif Oh whoa, the fa-fa icons are working again. No idea how that happened, tbh... (Idk what else to call them, lol.)

And 1,000 thank yous for the information about the default avatar! <3 <3

(Though part of the mess I was stuck with was trying to make a 'default avatar' appear elsewhere rather than just the mini-profile. Not sure if that's even a thing?)

fa-fa makes sense to me! They're just Font Awesome icons as far as I can tell.

Where else were you trying to get the default avatar to show up?

signature
#
owl

At the top of the sidebar, above the first paragraph. I have it set up so when you log in, your avatar appears there. But I was hoping to have a guest image there whenever someone wasn't online/didn't have an avatar yet.

signature
gif credit

#
QUOTE (owl @ Aug 6 2016, 01:38 PM)
<div style="background: default avatar here; height: avatar height; width: avatar width"><!-- |avatar| --></div>

This method will do this for you. You can see it in action here. The falling leaves GIF is the "default avatar" and when I log in it shows my uploaded avatar. Just replace "default avatar here / avatar height / avatar width" for a proof of concept, but it can be further styled, of course.

signature
#
Ahhh! owl , you're a miracle worker! I'm kicking myself for not realizing it'd be that easy, here I've been fiddling with the css AND the wrapper. :|

Thank you so much!! <3

signature
gif credit

#
No worries, I'm happy it helped you get you actualize your design. Good luck with your forum. ^^

signature
#
This topic has been solved. If you need anymore help please post a new thread. Thanks for choosing Jcink services.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options ClosedNew TopicNew Poll