Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

html template conversion help! [SOLVED] , topic list headers/topic row
#
Heyo! I've been converting the CFS templates that came with this skin to the HTML templates, and everything has gone pretty swimmingly, except for the topic rows! I've got it mostly figured out, but it seems like nothing that's pinned as an announcement is actually showing! You can take a look here, but let me know if screenshots would help better! I've got a topic pinned as an announcement and it just's not showing :c

Here's the original CFS code!
CODE
<script>customTopics.initialize({
   config: {
       announcementsDefault: '<div class="impot"><span style="font-size: 40px;"><i class="i-sortinghat"></i></span> announcements </div>',
       pinnedDefault: '<div class="impot"><span style="font-size: 40px;"><i class="i-candle"></i></span> pinned </div>',
       regularDefault: '<div class="impot"><span style="font-size: 40px;"><i class="i-quill"></i></span> topics </div>',
       noTopics: '<div style="padding: 20px; font: 8px cousine; text-transform: uppercase; color: #eee;">THERE ARE NO TOPICS HERE, OH NO! YOU CAN BE THE FIRST TO CHANGE THIS LONELY, EMPTY FORUM.</div>'
   },
   html: function() {
       var output = '<div id="cfs-topics"><table><td valign=top><div id="fmarker"><div class="fmarker2"><div class="fmarkerr"><div class="fmarker3">{{folder}}</div></div></div></div></td> <td valign=top><div class="topic-one"><div class="topic-name">{{topicTitle}} <sub>{{topicDescription}} &copy; {{topicAuthor}}';

// Are we on the active topics page?
      if (window.location.href.indexOf('act=Search&CODE=getactive') > -1) {
           output += ' in {{parentForum}} //';
       }

output += ' {{pagination}}</sub></div></div></td> <td valign=top><div class="topic-two"><div class="lplkk">{{replyCount}}<sub>replies</sub></div> <div class="lplkk" style="margin-top: 5px;">{{viewCount}}<sub>views</sub></div></div></td> <td valign=top><div class="topic-three">&copy; {{lastReplyAuthor}}<BR> on {{lastReplyDate}}<BR> <a href="/index.php?showtopic={{topicId}}&view=getnewpost">get last post</a><br>{{moderatorCheckbox}}</div></td></table></div>';

return output;
   }
});</script>

Here's what I've got in my topic row HTML template.

CODE
<div class="topic-row <!-- |type| -->-topic">
   <div id="cfs-topics"><table><td valign=top><div id="fmarker"><div class="fmarker2"><div class="fmarkerr"><div class="fmarker3"><!-- |macro_img| --></div></div></div></div></td> <td valign=top><div class="topic-one"><div class="topic-name"><!-- |topic| --> <sub><!-- |topic_desc| --> &copy; <!-- |starter| -->

<!-- |pages| --></sub></div></div></td> <td valign=top><div class="topic-two"><div class="lplkk"><!-- |replies| --><sub>replies</sub></div> <div class="lplkk" style="margin-top: 5px;"><!-- |views| --><sub>views</sub></div></div></td> <td valign=top><div class="topic-three">&copy; <!-- |last_poster| --><BR> on <!-- |last_post| --><BR> <a href="/index.php?showtopic=<!-- |tid| -->&view=getnewpost">get last post</a><br><!-- |mod_checkbox| --></div></td></table></div>
</div>

And here's what I've got in my topic list headers template.

CODE
<div class="tableborder" id="topic-list">
<div class='maintitle'><{CAT_IMG}>&nbsp;<!-- |forum_name| --></div>
 <div id="new-topics">
  <% ANNOUNCEMENTS %>
  <% TOPIC_ROWS %>
 </div>
<!-- |mod_form_end| -->
<!-- |forum_active| -->
<!-- |sort_options| -->
</div>

Any help would be greatly appreciated! <3
PM
#
PM
#
QUOTE (multiplicity! @ Dec 5 2017, 05:23 PM)

Thanks for your help! I forgot to mention it in the OP, but I've also added these macros, and to the best of my knowledge they're correct.
PM
#
    You don't appear to be missing anything from your HTML template — no closing div tags, nothing like that — which means it might be something to do with permissions.

What forum are the announcements pinned in, and can guests/members/etc. view the permissions of the forum they originate from?
PM
#
The first topic I had pinned as an announcement was actually from a forum that most can't see, which does explain things, except when I went and pinned something as an announcement that everyone should be able to see, I'm still not seeing it anywhere. Edit: This is the topic I'm trying to pin as an announcement now.

This post has been edited by spooky mulder: Dec 5 2017, 07:17 PM
PM
#
Just gonna give this a little nudge, I'd really love to be able to use the HTML templates for this instead of using the CFS. Thanks so much to anyone who attempts to help! <3
PM
#
You're missing this critical step:

Finally, remove the customTopics.init object block from the wrappers.

It's still there, and it's removing your announcements.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
QUOTE (John @ Dec 7 2017, 04:36 PM)
You're missing this critical step:

Finally, remove the customTopics.init object block from the wrappers.

It's still there, and it's removing your announcements.

Well duh! I have no idea why I thought I had removed it. Thank you so much!
PM
#
This topic has been solved. If you need anymore help please post a new thread. Thanks for choosing Jcink services.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options ClosedNew TopicNew Poll