Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Custom Profile Fields Parse Before Website Keys
#
This came up before, but in passing, so I figured I'd make a specific feature request for it (if that's okay) because I think it would be really handy and neat. I'll try and break it down here because I'm sure the thread title looks like nonsense.

Essentially, what I'm requesting is that the custom profile fields are parsed before the webpages are parsed, though I have to admit I have no idea if this is possible or overly complicated .I do, however, think if possible it would be really helpful.

For example - letting members choose to hide a sidebar without Javascript / without loading the sidebar for people who don't want it. How I tried to go about this:

Step one, make an custom field drop down where the question was "do you want a sidebar" with the options "yes" or "no" (without the quotes).

Step two, make a website with the key "yessidebar" that included all the HTML for the sidebar, and one with the key "nosidebar" without it (again, without the quotes)

Step three, add the following website key to my site, assuming step one involved custom field one: <% <!-- |field_1| -->sidebar %>

The issue is that instead of getting the info on the webpage to display, now I only get:

<% nosidebar %>

It would be helpful to have this feature because it would save on the browser having to add a lot of content on each page load, just because I want to offer a few different features like this, and I think people could get a lot of use from this. Additionally, I'm trying to develop a very simple to customize skin for RP sites with modular features that can be added or removed to make the skin feel less premade and I think this could help a lot (not to mention what people better with coding than I could do).

Anyway, thanks for reading + sorry for the wall of text, I just wanted to try my best to explain it in a way that (hopefully) makes sense.

signature
user posted image
#
A member requested a feature today I can't accomplish without something like this, so I figured I'd give it a bump since some time has passed. Not sure if it's doable / mad complicated to even consider etc.

signature
user posted image
#
It's not the easiest thing for us to implement unfortunately, due to the way the system is constructed, and it would break a lot if we just changed it now as well. But we will consider it for the future.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feature Requests | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll