Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

IPB3 to jcink?
#
I've been with IPB for many years, but thinking of moving to jcink. Is it possible to transfer a large database from IPB3 to jcink and, if so, how would I go about this please?
PM
#
Unfortunately we have no way to Import IPB 3.x forums. Apologies.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Make a backup of the sql file and use the PHPBB convertor then use the MyBB Merge System to convert it to a MyBB databases file so that John can transfer it. It's kinda a pain but it should work.?

signature
#
Only problem with that is that our mybb converter is outdated at this point now that I think about it and we probably can't convert those either, at least not without a lead time. I need to go through and just update that page fully as there's a lot of outdated information on there. I just removed the mybb reference now.

The reason why our converters aren't up to date is because we rarely get requests for conversions from other software that aren't invisionfree. As our software evolves, we have to adapt the converters we have to this change and the only one that's been worth the extra development time unfortunately has been the IF one.

signature
#
I can help make some converters for older ipb, mybb, phpbb, and pun/fluxbb. It may take some time but it shouldn't be that hard.

signature
#
Making a rudimentary converter isn't hard but I spend a lot of time making the conversion as perfect as possible. Correcting broken links; re-parsing bbcode. Doing little things that we don't promise in a conversion, such as handling permissions anyway. Our password hashing system changed last year too so pretty much any conversion is going to need all members to reset their passwords as well.

signature
#
QUOTE (John @ Feb 11 2018, 12:43 PM)
Making a rudimentary converter isn't hard but I spend a lot of time making the conversion as perfect as possible. Correcting broken links; re-parsing bbcode. Doing little things that we don't promise in a conversion, such as handling permissions anyway. Our password hashing system changed last year too so pretty much any conversion is going to need all members to reset their passwords as well.

From my experience with anything, people don't mind password resets as long as they are given advance notice that they'll need to do it once a transfer is completed.
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll