Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Custom Profile Field Not Showing [SOLVED] , Cannot add info to text area
#
Fim

I know I'm missing something stupid... But I made a new profile field, and while I can get it to show up on my main profile ("no information" shows where the inputted info would), I cannot get the text area to show on "Edit Profile". The settings are as follows:

Include in Registration Page? No
Field must be filled out and not left empty? No
Hide from Member's profile? No
Field can be edited by the member? Yes

And I have used the correct profile field code in my Main Profile. I just can't prompt it in the Edit Profile area. What am I missing?
#
So I believe that if you don't have anything in the profile field in the main profile it returns 'No Information' but on the mini-profile it's blank. Have you tried putting some test text into the profile of the account whose mini-profile you're looking at to see if it's actually not showing up, or if the field is just empty?

signature
Kindly do not contact me on Discord or PM me for support.

user posted image
#
QUOTE (owl @ Jan 10 2018, 05:44 PM)
So I believe that if you don't have anything in the profile field in the main profile it returns 'No Information' but on the mini-profile it's blank. Have you tried putting some test text into the profile of the account whose mini-profile you're looking at to see if it's actually not showing up, or if the field is just empty?

That's right. This would be a good thing to test. Please let us know the results.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
This feature has not been prompted to show in the mini-profile, but the real issue was it wasn't showing in the Edit Profile option to input anything. However, it has suddenly shown up today after walking away from the problem and posting this support request.

Thank you, both of you, for you help. I still don't know why it didn't populate when I created it, but it seems to have sorted itself out. Consider this solved!

This post has been edited by Soupi: Jan 11 2018, 01:52 PM
#
This topic has been solved. If you need anymore help please post a new thread. Thanks for choosing Jcink services.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options ClosedNew TopicNew Poll