Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Quote / CODE
#
Hello,

I'm trying to develop a feature for my board, a CODE/QUOTE tag using Custom BBCode because I have some topics where I want the users to be able to 'switch' between CODE or QUOTE exibition on the post.

The problem is, when I create the tag with this extructure.

CODE

[*QUOTE](PARAM1)[/*QUOTE]
[*CODE](PARAM1)[/*CODE]

In the CODE tag it shows Html instead of BB Code (ex: [b*]Test[/b*] becomes <b>Test</b> inside the CODE)

What I'm doing wrong?

This post has been edited by Michel: Nov 14 2016, 08:48 PM
PM
#
This cannot be done. You can't create your own CODE/QUOTE tag with the same name and have it function the same, sorry. Those are system BBCodes.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
So there is no way to create a Custom BBCode how can shows at the same time the result code and the source code for a post? If not, can I suggest it as new feature in the correct board?

This post has been edited by Michel: Nov 14 2016, 08:55 PM
PM
#
If I'm understanding correctly (sorry I am confused based on your first post), you used this:

CODE
[*QUOTE](PARAM1)[/*QUOTE]
[*CODE](PARAM1)[/*CODE]

As the HTML value for the bbcode? is that correct?

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Correct, but with no *.

The Code and Quote codes are rendered normally, but the text inside the Code is also rendered instead of the common behavior of a code tag.

EDIT:

My Custom Code

CODE

[QuoteCode]
Teste [b]Teste[/b]
[/QuoteCode]

My result:

user posted image

EDIT 2

I just discovered. This only works on the preview....

This post has been edited by Michel: Nov 14 2016, 09:40 PM
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll