Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Forum setting: Users can only see topics made by themselves
#
I'm moving my community over to jcink soon; we are a persistent world for an old multiplayer RPG. Our current forum host has a feature that is EXTREMELY convenient for us that may have widespread appeal; couldn't hurt to request it, right? Please pardon me if something like this exists already and I've missed it!

Essentially, a yes/no setting that sets a specific forum to only allow topics to be viewed by the user that posts it, unless they are a moderator of that forum or global moderator, in which case they can see all posts. We make use of this as a request board / 'chat with the staff' board; regular users can privately discuss requests with forum staff without seeing topics posted by other users. This also lets us organize like any other forum, closing requests that are complete, pinning long term requests, et cetra.

If this isn't possible or reasonable, we'll find another way, but I figured I'd ask! Thanks for reading!

This post has been edited by Chaszmyr: Jun 26 2018, 11:41 PM
PM
#
This is a feature ZetaBoards has and I wouldn't mind seeing it added myself.

signature
Oh noes the snobolds!

user posted image https://discord.gg/A5DmErU (Community ZetaBoards Discord for updates on the ZB transfers.) user posted image
ZB transfers have begun.
PM
#
Count me in for that feature. It could also eliminate the need of staff-only forums too if the feature is extended so certain threads could only be viewed by certain member groups.
#
I love this feature on Zetaboards. It means I can have one forum for character sheets, and players will only see their own while I can see all of them.
PM
#
You got me - it is Zetaboards http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif I didn't even think of the character sheet use case, that is awesome.

We'll find another way to process requests and discuss them if need be, but this is definitely the most elegant solution for a lot of things!
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feature Requests | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll