Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Custom webpage inquiry
#
I created a custom webpage earlier and noticed that there was no option to remove the content from the skin wrapper. I created a second, overlapping body class as a workaround. I was wondering if this violates any tos? I haven't removed any existing ads or things that protect the page from spammers.

This is the custom web page I'm working on.
PM
#
I don't see the copyright, which might be a violation - you might be able to rebuild the copyright if the original one is hidden, I'm not sure if that's acceptable or not, though I assume it must be, so long as all the same info is there? It's a start, anyway.

Other than that.. Webpages usually only have one body. It's hard to say what sort of bugs you might experience doing this - I see that the scrollbar seems to be behaving oddly, already. Have you seen if it was possible to hide the rest of the content with CSS, perhaps?

Another thing you can do is create another skin just for your webpages, and force the webpage to be viewed with that skin using the URL.

Even going to your home URL, it seems like only the webpage is showing, so I'm not sure how effective this method is:

https://iconicx.jcink.net

This post has been edited by owl: Jul 12 2018, 08:45 PM

signature
Kindly do not contact me on Discord or PM me for support.

user posted image
#
Thank you for the help! I managed to make a blank canvas by overriding existing css and changing the look of the wrapper on the page. The reason why the css for the web pages clashed was due to the keys being in the board wrappers.
PM
#
It's looking great. Anything else you need help with?

signature
Kindly do not contact me on Discord or PM me for support.

user posted image
#
It's fine as long as you keep the ad at the top and keep the copyright in place.

Side note: if a board is premium, completely blank webpages can be created and accessed using the &h=1 parameter at the end of a page URL.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll