Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Odds and Ends Scripts, taking requests since I need sO mUcH practice
#
Ah, my bad. Our Recent Topics clip is down in the footer/board stats area beneath "Today's Topics". In which it's completely blank. xD Will update and see if it does anything.

EDIT: ... I see what the issue is. If all of the "recent topics" are from forums you have hidden, it just shows nothing, like a display:none; effect rather than bumping the topics from the forums you DO want displayed up. Hahaha..

This post has been edited by Ekko: Oct 24 2017, 02:24 PM

signature
user posted image
PM
#
JC Ink has a hard limit of 15 recent topics, so if the 15 most recent posts are all from excluded forums then it will show up as blank. Make sure to adjust the maximum setting in System Settings > Topics Posts & Polls
PM
#
Dusty

I have tried saving your codes and just wanted to know if I am doing something wrong, specifically with quote and code boxes.

When I paste the code into the wrapper with <script> tags, it works perfectly but I tried creating a .js file with Notepad++ to load into the file manager, but if I do that, it stops working and I'm not sure why.

Am I missing something or is it not possible to upload and link that script?
PM
#
Link me to ya' page boyyo
PM
#
Dusty - Loving the shoutbox, it's perfect!
PM
#
Dusty -Found an error with the shoutbox, it won't parse messages if member group prefix/suffix have span tags or other styling in them.

The site
Member group styling, they're all the same, just different classnames.
CODE
<span class='admin'></span>

At first I thought it was the double quotes, so I switched them to single quotes and no change after I cleared the cbox of the original offending posts.

As you can see on my test board I have the cbox working as intended, with no member group styling and the exact same skin/webpage setup.
PM
#
Oh neat kjrod98 ! That's an easy fix, I think, depending on what kind of functionality you were looking for. Were you hoping to have the suffix/prefixes ported into the jq-box alongside the name, so that your name would be, in this case, pink?

For a temporary fix, this is just a selector mixup, and you shooould be able to fix it by editing line 173
CODE
   $(temp).find('div span').each(function() {

and change it to

CODE
   $(temp).find('div span:not(b span)').each(function() {

Also, now that I'm looking at my older scripts.. holy mudda of terrible coding practices.

This post has been edited by Dusty: Jan 6 2018, 02:32 AM
PM
#
Dusty - I just needed it working, so the temporary fix works perfectly. I actually hadn't thought of making the member group styles apply to the cbox, could be neat to do if my other members wanted it but I'm fine either way.

Being able to see our own mistakes is a good thing! I know I cringed when looking through my old skins for a piece of code to use on this one, myself.
PM
#
kjrod98

All fixed and uploaded to github! The latest script avoids using the :not selector, and adds an extra setting to use the logged-in member username complete with member group prefix and suffix.
PM
#
QUOTE (Dusty @ Jan 6 2018, 02:38 PM)
kjrod98

All fixed and uploaded to github! The latest script avoids using the :not selector, and adds an extra setting to use the logged-in member username complete with member group prefix and suffix.

Tested and it works quite nicely.

user posted image
PM
#
Love the recent topics filter!! Using it on my board <3

signature
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
#
Hmm, one of my members noticed that the notification sound for the shoutbox plays constantly and they're right LOL. (I always have music playing in the background so never hear chats going off at all. For now the one on-site is dead since we're all using skype to plan things, so made me jump a bit to hear it going off on it's own)

Also seems like the volume controls aren't working though that -might- be me just having the freebie version of fontawesome instead of the paid version? (unsure, could be entirely wrong though)

The site
PM
#
kjrod98 whoops, I goofed! Both issues should be fixed (although as far as the volume controls, you can change the selectors down at the bottom of the script itself if you need to)
PM
#
Dusty - all working now ^^ Thank you!
PM
#
I'm a terrible person with terrible coding practices

(john i'm so sorry for spamming your servers aaaaaaa)

user posted image

user posted image

award images are just stand-ins for demonstrative purpose, but are creditable to rpg-d

this script appends a quick awards menu upon activation, which will prompt the user to log in (ACP session ID can be cached in localStorage, if desired). The 'Create New' tab enables the admin to create and send a new award to several accounts, whereas the 'Saved Awards' tab enables the admin to instead select several saved award 'templates' to be sent to those accounts.

This is preeeeetty rough stuff right now, but if you're interested in bug testing (because who doesn't love being a guinea pig?), you can find the download and installation instructions at GitHub
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feedback and Discussion | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 3  Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll