Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

add/fast reply class?
#
forgive me if this has been posted, i looked but i couldn't find anything!

i know you can change the quick edit text area so it's separate from the textinput/forminput class (using .quick-edit textarea), i was wondering if you could do the same for the add reply and fast reply?

my forminput currently reads like

CODE

.textinput, .forminput, .codebuttons, .radiobutton, .checkbox {
    background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4);
   border: 1px solid #447174;
   color: #fff;
   font-family: lato, sans-serif;
   font-size: 8px;
   padding: 2px;
   vertical-align: middle;
   text-transform: uppercase;
   letter-spacing: 0.15em;
}

versus

CODE
.quick-edit textarea {font-family: verdana; font-size: 11px; text-transform: none; letter-spacing: 0px }

i'd ideally like the add/fast reply to resemble the quick edit text area more than the textinput/forminput (which is a little more stylized/less legible). is there a way to do it? let me know if you need more information/code to answer this!

This post has been edited by marya: Jan 8 2018, 09:42 PM
PM
#
All posting textareas have a name attribute of 'Post', which you could use to indiscriminately target them. Alternatively, the quick reply textarea has a distant parent of #qr_open, and the main replier has a distant parent of #posting-form. You can find these in a snap using your browser's development tools.
PM
#
thank you so much for the prompt reply! i'll definitely mess around with qr_open and posting_form, but is there any chance you could elaborate on the name attributes of post? i'm not the best at parsing out code verbally, i'm afraid!!

edit: posting_form and qr_open worked wonderfully!! no need to reply unless you like educating newbie coders on page attributes haha thank you so much!

This post has been edited by marya: Jan 9 2018, 11:31 AM
PM
#
'Attributes' are just additional information keywords for page elements. Technically, class and id are attributes.

CODE
<textarea cols="70" rows="8" name="Post" class="textinput" tabindex="1"></textarea>

In this fast-reply textarea element, there are five total attributes. With CSS selectors, you can select it through a number of different means (not counting siblings/descendant selectors). First would be the class selector, which you use as .textinput as normal. You could select it via its element name, textarea, but this will select all textareas on the page. You could narrow that down by using any of the four attributes as a parameter - for example, textarea[name="Post"], or [tabindex="1"], etcetera, will select only the textarea elements that have that matching attribute value.

This post has been edited by Dusty: Jan 9 2018, 01:11 PM
PM
#
i thiiiink i get it but i'll definitely have to experiment! thank you so much for the explanation, and for the solution!
PM
#
Is this issue solved or should we leave it open for further discussion? http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll