Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

User Id tracking
#
So I have google analytics on my forum, and its working the way I want it too. (Premium)

I was wondering if there was a way to use the

gtag('set', {'user_id': 'USER_ID'});

part of the script to tracks users.

I tried
gtag('set', {'user_id': '<!-- |id| -->'});

but I do not think it worked or have had no evidence to be sure it did or did not.

Is what I am trying to do even possible?
PM
#
I'm unfamiliar with this function of google analytics -- sorry. This question would be best directed to the google groups for analytics.

<!-- |id| --> in board wrappers will indeed return the numerical id of the user.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
It does work, not the way I thought it did but it does work. The issue was that I was thinking a users username would show up in my analytics and it does not either does the ID. I would need to get better analytic tools to get that sort of information or start collecting the information myself and write other things in the background that would know what to do with the username information it received.
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll