Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Converting issues [SOLVED]
#
Hello. I was attempting to convert a custom forum structure to the html templates. I was doing well with the board statistics and topic row, but when I attempted the actual forum, things turned wonky.

I've got the forum topics somehow appearing in the forum descriptions, and other forum topics floating out in the middle of nowhere.

If someone could help me figure out how to fix this I would be so grateful. If I need to include any code in this thread, please let me know.

http://sgu.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

Thank you,
Hunter
PM
#
So.... I managed to fix my initial problem by deleting the code I put in the HTML templates under Forum Row. I think I had something wrong or it was interfering with some other code, I'm not exactly sure.

A new problem has appeared. Any Category that touches the board statistics at the bottom of the forum loses its forum structure. I think it is bugging out because the index is still reading form the CFS in the board wrapper.

I'm stuck.

PM
#
If you're doing the conversion it's best to remove the CFS. If you're scared of losing it in case you have to revert I recommend backing it up somewhere like notepad temporarily.

signature
user posted image

kindly do not use my site Discord / DM / PM me for support.
#
Let's see. Below is the CFS which the index is reading currently.

CODE
<script>
customIndex.init({
page: "<!-- |input_act| -->",
html: "<div id='inde'><div class='titles'>{%link}</div><div style='width: 300px; height: 120px; float: left;'><div class='holdn'><div class='tnumb'>{%topics}</div>topics</div><div class='holdn' style='color: #000;'><div class='pnumb'>{%replies}</div>posts</div><div class='lasti'><div class='cas'>➟ <b>{%lp-title}</b></div><div class='alia'><b>{%lp-author} ☆ {%lp-date}</b></div></div></div><div class='scrip'><div class='tiona'>{%description}</div></div></div>"
});
</script>

Now, using the information from this link https://jcink.com/main/wiki/jfh-html-templates I've converted that code to this:

CODE
<div id='inde'><div class='titles'><!-- |name| --></div>

<div style='width: 300px; height: 120px; float: left;'><div class='holdn'><div class='tnumb'><!-- |topics| --></div>topics</div>

<div class='holdn' style='color: #000;'><div class='pnumb'><!-- |replies| --></div>posts</div>

<div class='lasti'><div class='cas'>➟ <b><!-- |last_topic| --></b></div>

<div class='alia'><b><!-- |last_poster| -->  ☆ <!-- |last_post| --></b></div></div></div>

<div class='scrip'><div class='tiona'><!-- |description| --></div></div></div>

The last time I did this I put the code in the Forum Row of the HTML templates which caused the problem stated in my first post. Either I have a variable incorrect, something is missing, or i'm putting this in the wrong place.
PM
#
Are you missing the category headers? See the migration guide for the category headers.

https://jcink.com/main/wiki/jfh-converting-...ustomindex.init

You need the headers for older versions (1.5.x⇐) shown there.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Thanks John! Adding the category header seemed to help.

I appeared to have fixed my initial problem on the index as well. I narrowed down the issue to the code for the Forum Row, specifically the description snippet. I went ahead and changed it to:

CODE
<!-- |description_clean| -->

This confirmed that there was something wrong with the description code. I had to go to Manage Forums and delete the divs I had in front of each link, because it didn't need that anymore. This seemed to fix the wonky board problem.

All is right in the Universe.

Thanks Campers!
Hunter
PM
#
QUOTE (hjdav @ Feb 5 2018, 11:07 AM)
All is right in the Universe.

Thanks Campers!
Hunter

That's what we like to hear! http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

signature
#
This topic has been solved. If you need anymore help please post a new thread. Thanks for choosing Jcink services.

signature
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options ClosedNew TopicNew Poll