Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Login Issues Again
#
Well I wanted to make a Boarding School, however yet again I'm having MAJOR issues getting it to log in; I sign in as normal and when it finishes and returns me to the forum area boom still a guest.

here is the site: http://hawkboardingschool.jcink.net/

I have no issues logging in with Google Chrome; however I would rather use internet explorer.

I can get into the admin with using the admin addition to the link; but I have tried AT LEAST 30 times to login yet it still keeps acting like I'm not logged in showing that I am a guest NOT the Admin Akadeanna Hawk.
#
QUOTE (disco before the breakdown @ Aug 11 2015, 11:26 AM)
Can you double-check your cookie settings? IE11 handles cookies (which keeps you logged in) differently than the other versions of IE.

Click the Tools button (cog wheel) in IE11, then find Internet Options. Click on the Privacy tab, go under settings, you should see a slider. Is it all the way at the top? Move the slider to the bottom to accept cookies, then close your browser and reopen it.

PM
#
it's all the way to the bottom not the top
#
In IE 11's delete cookies option in the settings, try deleting everything.

http://www.niu.edu/erptraining/images/ie11...kiesoptions.jpg

IE is either failing to keep you logged in or is saving an "old" copy of the forum before you logged in, which is bizzarre behavior.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
well I deleted the cookies thing closed all my internet explorer windows and reopened it and opened to my site tried to log in and got the same thing.
#
I am at a loss here sorry. Because I don't know what's wrong with your internet explorer and I'm not particularly experienced with it. We do testing in IE to make sure the service works, so I always check IE to verify when I make a feature. I can't say this has happened to me.

I do not think the forum is the one at fault here, it is IE doing something specifically in your setup.

To test to see if it would happen to me on IE 11 with just your board, I created a test account and logged in. My version is shown. I had no issues.

Attached 1 File(s)
Attached Image

signature
#
I even tried quick login and it still did that; I don't know why I can get it to log in when I am in the admin, but refuses to when I'm in the main area.

I just tried logging in while in InPrivate Browsing and it worked.
#
QUOTE (AkadeannaH @ Aug 23 2015, 03:38 PM)
I even tried quick login and it still did that; I don't know why I can get it to log in when I am in the admin, but refuses to when I'm in the main area.

I just tried logging in while in InPrivate Browsing and it worked.

I would look an see if there's an Internet Explorer support forum you can post on or something, personally, because it seems like it's more of an IE error than it is an error with Jcink.

signature
Kindly do not contact me on Discord or PM me for support.

user posted image
#
I honestly don't know what happened I changed NOTHING; yet I'm able to sign in with no problems.
#
QUOTE (AkadeannaH @ Aug 23 2015, 05:50 PM)
I honestly don't know what happened I changed NOTHING; yet I'm able to sign in with no problems.

Seems like some sort of strange IE bug. I'm sorry you're experiencing it, it sounds frustrating as heck.

signature
Kindly do not contact me on Discord or PM me for support.

user posted image
#
well so that was done; however now I got another site doing this same problem I had gotten in and was working in the admin and then I went to check the main page and it showed me as guest and I had NOT logged out one bit!

this is the site: http://farpointweyr.jcink.net/

This is getting infuriating

This post has been edited by AkadeannaH: Aug 24 2015, 06:59 PM
#
I understand your frustration, but this issue is either:

- a cookie problem, which would cause your cookies or login data to get deleted instantly for an unknown reason

- a cache problem, which means saved pages. it may be saving "old" copies of pages.

Since I can't reproduce this issue on either my desktop (Windows 8.1, IE 11) or Tablet (Surface Pro 2, Windows 8.1 IE 11) this is likely an IE-specific issue with your setup. I am not sure what else we can do unfortunately beyond what has already been tried. If InPrivate browsing will work, I suggest using that if it's not prohibitive.

signature
#
Judging from the other post, does this happen on a specific computer? Perhaps a shared computer like in a library or computer lab? Public/shared computers often have much stricter cookie and cache policies to protect user information, so they could be set up to expire much more often just because it's configured to be a public computer.

Or is it on IE11 on a personal computer?
PM
#
QUOTE (disco before the breakdown @ Aug 25 2015, 12:21 AM)
Judging from the other post, does this happen on a specific computer? Perhaps a shared computer like in a library or computer lab? Public/shared computers often have much stricter cookie and cache policies to protect user information, so they could be set up to expire much more often just because it's configured to be a public computer.

Or is it on IE11 on a personal computer?

IE11 on a Personal computer; it's running windows 8.1 I just tried signing in (without being in, InPrivate Browsing) and I got in again without problems. It's on one computer I have no issues with Google Chrome (which I use at home); but here on my finace's computer using internet explorer I have issues

Update 6:26 pm eastern: spoke too soon on no problems signing in it kicked me back out while I was working; I hadn't closed the forum area while I was working in the admin and I checked and it was showing me as a guest in the forum area EVEN though I got in fine

This post has been edited by AkadeannaH: Aug 25 2015, 05:27 PM
#
Are you crossing the domains? As in, are things linked to site.jcink.net but you're accessing it from site.b1.jcink.com or vice versa? (to fix that issue, instead of linking the domain's, just use relative linking like /index.php?showtopic=##)
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll