Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Custom BBcode - Youtube
#
Does anyone have any ideas?

I can't seem to figure out the Custom BBcode for youtube. I've tried the HTML codes from this thread plus google searched "HTML code for Youtube" or something similar and tried other codes as well. I've tried doing the coplete link as well as just the numbers and letters after "v=" but the post is just blank.

Also when I get he URL or just part of it and I highlight it and click the "Youtube" button from my custom BBcode it doesn't wrap the URL or Youtube ID. Both opening code and closing code both end up behind it.

When I edit the post, the ID or URL both disappear as well and if I refresh the page the HTML code I tried will appear in the post (not sure if it would appear in the actual post once I click submit as I didn't try it).

Am I missing something? It would be nice to have it at least on my Photography Forum.

Any help on this issue would be appreciated.
PM
#
That post at this point is so outdated I have gone ahead and deleted it. Google needs to reindex the documentation, or something. Sorry about that.

Here are the custom BBCode Docs as well as the example tag to enter which includes an updated [youtube] tag that you need.

https://jcink.com/main/wiki/jfb-acp-custom_bbcodes

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Thanks. It works

Now the only minor but annoying this is if you highlight the video then use the BBcode, it doesn't wrap. Both the opening and closing codes still end up behind the video I want to post so you'd basically have to manually past between the codes.

Any way to fix this?
PM
#
There is unfortunately no way to fix that. I know it is not consistent with the rest of the BBCode but the custom ones only have a simple direct insertion due to some problems that I had integrating it with the existing bbcode button system. I will improve it in the future but I'll need to redo the bbcode javascript entirely and have not gotten around to that. Sorry.

I am also probably going to just build a video or [yt] tag directly into the forum service, too, before even thinking about that. It doesn't really make sense at this point that a bbcode such as that would not be stock/default. The YT tag is the #1 added custom BBCode to date, so it should just become a feature.

I'll push this to feature requests if you don't mind to remind me to look into a built in yt tag.

signature
#
It is a minor but annoying issue, but we can live with that...for now at least.

Yes if you can push it to to "Feature Requests" that would be great.

Also, once you do start working on this feature, if you could give us updates that would be great.

Of course running a host can be quite a lot of work, so even if you don't get to it for months, I completely understand, as long as it is eventually done.
PM
#
I have moved this to feature requests. I can't promise any ETA about when this would be done, but I'll try to remember to tag you if/when it does.

signature
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feature Requests | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll