ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Captcha Changes
#
As a response to an aggressive increase of spam in 'Guest' enabled forums -- reported by our community and our own logging mechanisms -- we have implemented the friendly checkbox-style reCAPTCHA unit.

While we are not the biggest fans of reCAPTCHA, it has now become necessary because of spammers mass targeting active forum's guest-enabled areas.

reCAPTCHA is being trialed by us over the next few days to see how effective it is. If it proves to be highly effective overall, we will implement it in other logical areas as well replacing the existing captcha.

We thank you for your patience and appreciate your attention while we continue to fight and hopefully defeat the spam!

-John

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
We have added reCaptcha to the registration page as of today.

For this time it is only for those with non-custom domains, same as guests. If our trial of reCaptcha continues to go well, we will add the option for domain owners to utilize it.

signature
#
The reCaptcha trials have been highly successful so far.

We have added domain names now to the reCaptcha for guests and are testing this setup now. For now, as a domain owner, you do not need to do anything as we have found a work-around to the issue mentioned earlier.

signature
#
I touched the Captcha's...I touched this topic...my work here is done, I am magnificent!

Yes John, just to drive you nuts...I goofed off in an "official" topic.

signature

user posted image
YouTube | Email: crystal@jcink.com | Blog: Seriously Lacqueing
DeviantArt
#
QUOTE (Crystal @ Jan 22 2017, 04:58 PM)
Yes John, just to drive you nuts...I goofed off in an "official" topic.

http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/dry.gif

signature
#
We have added reCaptcha for registration.

Our results are showing a 100% effective rate at preventing the original spam that started earlier this month, and a 99% effective rate overall. We will continue to implement reCaptcha anywhere else that we can in place of the old number-based captcha due to its high success rate.

signature
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Announcements | Next Newest »

Options ClosedNew TopicNew Poll