Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Bookmarks
#
I am a member of an rp forum on a different board site and they have a feature which allows you to bookmark your threads right up where all the user name, my controls and all of that is. It would be useful for rp sites when you are in so many threads you kind of forget after a while which ones and how many you are in but this would help with that.
PM
#
I don't really see the point of this one though when web browsers themselves provide more than adequate bookmark capabilities.

What's the advantage to having a bookmarked list of threads in there?

But, you can pretty much do this anyway. Clicking "track this topic" will not only email you about new replies, it adds the topic to the subscription tracker. So you could see an array of bookmarks like that.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
QUOTE (Jcink @ Apr 26 2013, 01:11 PM)
I don't really see the point of this one though when web browsers themselves provide more than adequate bookmark capabilities.

What's the advantage to having a bookmarked list of threads in there?

But, you can pretty much do this anyway. Clicking "track this topic" will not only email you about new replies, it adds the topic to the subscription tracker. So you could see an array of bookmarks like that.

Was just a suggestion i think its a cool feature on a forum I have recently joined
PM
#
This would be useful for Roleplayers on some level, but as Jcink said there are other ways to do the exact same thing and access it in your controls panel.

However it should be pointed out that with the future planned notification system that this would be entirely useless. As you would get a little notification in your bar that displays the threads that have replies you've asked to be notified of and other things such as new profile comments and posts. It is even planned to incorporate the like system and the tagging system so you would get all notifications that way.

Which would render a bookmarking system for threads only kind of redundant and not worth it to implement.

signature

user posted image
YouTube | Email: crystal@jcink.com | Blog: Seriously Lacqueing
DeviantArt
#
Well, except that both tagging notifications and subscribed threads assume that the only reason you would want to bookmark a thread is to check for replies.

I often want to bookmark threads that don't get replies (resources, templates, forum rules, specific announcements, etc). Right now I am using the subscribe threads to kinda do it, but it's awkward - I have to go to my controls, then subscribed threads, then pick 'from all time' and then scan through everything I've also subscribed to because I do care about thread activity.

The fact that the mobile template doesn't give you access to your subscribed threads list just makes it worse, because the reason I want things bookmarked in the site itself not my browser is because my browser bookmarks don't carry across all my devices.
PM
#
That is certainly a fair enough reason for wanting on-site bookmarks.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
In the meantime, you can link to your subscribed threads on your mobile skin using the touch icons macro. On one of my sites we also have a 'trackers' section, where people can post lists of threads they want to track - something like that might work in a pinch.

signature
Kindly do not contact me on Discord or PM me for support.

user posted image
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feature Requests | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll