Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

forced registration style
#
one of my biggest peeves as an admin (and i know judging from threads on resource sites that it's a problem for others as well) is people registering their account names wrong. so i have three different ideas that could cut down on the frustration associated with this.

1. a way to make it so the name of an account automatically goes into all caps, all lowercase, or proper case when registering. there's a yes/no option in the acp for doing this to thread titles so if it could be used on registering accounts....

2. make it where a board error occurs when someone registers the name wrong. the same kind of error you would get if you didn't put in the captcha or didn't fill in all the required profile fields or check the box. just something that says !!! hey do it right !!!

3. for the name change function to be case sensitive. it would cut down a lot of time and fuss if you could go from "rose" to "ROSE" without the step in between!

PM
#
I like #1 the best, just automatically take care of things for the user. Very easily doable for us too as these functions are a part of the scripting language itself. Thanks for the suggestion.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
I would seriously love this!

signature
user posted image user posted image user posted image
#
yes please, this would be so good
PM
#
This is a cool idea, but if you want to make it to where not every account would need to be capitalized, you can just use CSS on the user group prefixes of those groups to make it happen. For example, if for the prefix of the user group I did

<span style="text-transform: uppercase;">

It would guarantee that any member of that group would have their name capitalized throughout the board whether they remembered in the registration or not.

I realize it might be a lot of work if you have many different groups that need to be changed but it would fix the problem so long as you have prefixes enabled board wide.

signature
user posted image
#
thank you for the consideration john!!!

QUOTE (GMaster479 @ Dec 30 2016, 09:51 AM)
This is a cool idea, but if you want to make it to where not every account would need to be capitalized, you can just use CSS on the user group prefixes of those groups to make it happen. For example, if for the prefix of the user group I did

<span style="text-transform: uppercase;">

It would guarantee that any member of that group would have their name capitalized throughout the board whether they remembered in the registration or not.

I realize it might be a lot of work if you have many different groups that need to be changed but it would fix the problem so long as you have prefixes enabled board wide.

i (and most admins) already know how to make an account look like it's done correctly but that doesn't make it correct. and there are lots of places on the board in which prefixes do not appear and thus would not make it look correct. and you can't go around adding text transforms to everything ~
PM
#
wallflower, SithLordOfSnark, GMaster479

Check Admin CP > System Settings > User Profiles > Force name casing regardless of user's input?

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
YOU ARE AMAZING!

signature
user posted image user posted image user posted image
#
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feature Requests | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll