Pages: (72) « First ... 69 70 71 72  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

HTML Templates / Custom Forum Templates
#
John, Is it possible to get <!-- |g_title| --> to work in the post row templates? Or give me an alternative? I'm coloring certain elements of my skin per member group (As is the rage these days) and use that as the name of my group and add a b to the end ( <!-- |g_title| -->b ) for coloring.
PM
#
QUOTE (Sundae @ Jan 3 2017, 11:00 PM)
John, Is it possible to get <!-- |g_title| --> to work in the post row templates? Or give me an alternative? I'm coloring certain elements of my skin per member group (As is the rage these days) and use that as the name of my group and add a b to the end ( <!-- |g_title| -->b ) for coloring.

personally i use <!-- |g_id| --> and set it up via the numbers of the groups. like b5 = b<!-- |g_id| -->
PM
#
QUOTE (wallflower @ Jan 3 2017, 10:13 PM)
QUOTE (Sundae @ Jan 3 2017, 11:00 PM)

personally i use <!-- |g_id| --> and set it up via the numbers of the groups. like b5 = b<!-- |g_id| -->

So same theory, just with g-id instead of g-title? How would you go about setting that up in the CSS?

This post has been edited by Sundae: Jan 4 2017, 12:42 PM
PM
#
class="g-<!-- |g_id| -->"

And then in css:

.g-# { attributes }

This is the recommended way in general, because if you use <!-- |g_title| --> should you ever want a group with spaces or to change a groups name, it will break everything. IDs don't change.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
I don't know if it's been noted yet, but after adding the necessary macros for the topic rows (Announcements, Important Topics, etc) I find that they've just moved to the top of the topic rows area and won't go back to their original place. As well, it's unfortunately not removable in the macros area? As of right now I've just got three titles clustered at the top. Even removing all text in the HTML templates to default it back to the original layout doesn't fix them yet. I tried including the macro key in, and it just made a duplicate as opposed to totally replacing it.

I can hide them for the time being, sure, but I'm not sure why adding the macro just made them poof to the top of the row. Here's a screenshot to show what I'm dealing with. (I do have the dropdowns there on purpose, so if that's what's causing the issue I can move them around).
PM
#
Looks like in your case the macros shouldn't have been added. I'm assuming you followed the conversion guide and had this issue? I'll make those macros removable and note this.

signature
#
I didn't actually have to use the conversion guide, because I wasn't using Black's CFS to convert over -- I was following the regular guide to just start from scratch (the original version for CFS I'd used was Jawn's, which just modified the board rows). It doesn't really specify in the guide what the macros are for, so perhaps that should be noted?

EDIT TO ADD -- if these variables aren't part of the macros, then how does one go about editing them?

This post has been edited by Saska: Jan 4 2017, 06:54 PM
PM
#
I'm not sure if this is an issue with the HTML Template or not, but when you try to use the redirect feature with forums (Forum Control) with a custom HTML Forum Row, the CSS does not work. It negates any custom CSS and instead defaults to the standard JCink code.

EDIT: It is stylizing with .row4 and .row2 which, if I recall correctly, is the standard format with the HTML Forum Row is removed. I could be wrong though, but this is what I find upon inspecting the code.

This post has been edited by BRITTNEY: Jan 6 2017, 03:19 PM
PM
#
QUOTE (BRITTNEY @ Jan 6 2017, 03:15 PM)
I'm not sure if this is an issue with the HTML Template or not, but when you try to use the redirect feature with forums (Forum Control) with a custom HTML Forum Row, the CSS does not work. It negates any custom CSS and instead defaults to the standard JCink code.

EDIT: It is stylizing with .row4 and .row2 which, if I recall correctly, is the standard format with the HTML Forum Row is removed. I could be wrong though, but this is what I find upon inspecting the code.

This is because redirect forums have their own template. You are seeing the redirect row default to our system template, because one is not configured on your board.

Look under the html templates for "redirect row"

Here is the relevant wiki info on redirect rows as well:

http://jcink.com/main/wiki/jfh-html-templa...t#redirect_rows

Basically, just copy your forum row html template to your redirect row and modify it slightly to include things like hits, etc. Some people also like to do some fancy looking redirect rows, so that's also part of why there's a separate template.

signature
#
    John

I can't remember if I addressed this or not, but when you set it to target blank or to open in a new tab, the redirect forum link still opens in the same window you click on it in. Unless you hold down CTRL (on PC), it won't automatically open in a new tab the way it used to before.
PM
#
I cannot remember either, heh. I'll test that on my own board and let you know.

signature
#
I've finally typed up some information about the main profile JSON variables. I've only got the comment one down at the moment.

http://jcink.com/main/wiki/jfh-main-profile-json

I also fixed the comment variable to include a linked username, and the comment date which was missing.

signature
#
Bugs fixed and changes this morning:
  • In some instances, a username change was causing the <!-- |author_name| --> variable in the mini profile template to return an old name. [fixed]
  • The <!-- |name| --> variable was completely blank for Guests [fixed]
  • <!-- |author_name| -->, the plain-text version of names, has been added to Post Rows [added]

signature
#
QUOTE (John @ Jan 7 2017, 04:03 PM)
I've finally typed up some information about the main profile JSON variables. I've only got the comment one down at the moment.

http://jcink.com/main/wiki/jfh-main-profile-json

I also fixed the comment variable to include a linked username, and the comment date which was missing.

I like it, maybe some more in-depth variables could be added though?

Comment Member
- ID
- Name

Comment Content
- Exact date/time (ddmmyyyyhhmmss for example)
- Delete Link

signature
user posted image

Shift UI Development Thread
"Design is not just what it looks like. Design is how it works." - Steve Jobs
#
So sorry if this was already resolved but I'm been out of the fray for a little bit and I can't quite remember. In post row, the signature variable puts two line breaks before the signature content which is sort of throwing off my design a little bit - and since it's outside of the "signature" class it will take a little creativity to work around it. Are those <br>s there for keeps or should I just wait and see what becomes of them before I try and problem-solve that part of my design?

Attached 1 File(s)
Attached Image

signature
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Development News | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (72) « First ... 69 70 71 72  Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll