Pages: (11) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Post as / Change poster [COMPLETED]
#
QUOTE (owl @ Mar 9 2013, 07:43 PM)
Sorry if I'm being slow, but I was wondering - would this make it so that we got our PMs all on whatever account we happened to actively be using, too?

This doesn't do anything to the PM system, so nope.

This is for posts only.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
feel free to count me in for more beta testing if need be jcink!
#
Tonight I picked up where I left off on this before all of the DDoS attack crap ruined my development time and cleaned up the code for this, fixed some bugs and finished off the part where postcount etc increases when making a reply.

It will now not only increase the post count of the selected account when making a new topic/reply but also rewards points as well, and should respond correctly to group promotion via postcount as well.

As promised of course I made it update last activity and last post time, so even if the parent NEVER logs into that account and makes a post with it, they will appear as having been online that day and time, as well as their last post time is updated.

Really good news is that I moved the code for this off of my development board and it's now been pushed to the JFH code base. Staff will test this first and then I'll enable it on some of your boards.

And oh - mobile support for it still isn't done but it will be. It's just a matter of tweaking the mobile mode posting forms.

signature
#
This has been tested and pretty much works at this point, but I'm looking to fix the following now:
  • Change it so you can post from any linked account via another account
This makes sense instead of just forcing all switching to *have* to be from a parent. I think it can be done, so we'll do that.

The other thing I wanted to look at is allowing the ability to edit already made posts as a member from within linked accounts e.g. linked account 2 makes a post and selects linked account 1 as the poster, does it, decides they need to edit the post and they can't. I don't know how feasible this is to do without tearing apart too much of the forum code but I'll give it a try.

signature
#
That's great! This will definitely be useful for one my boards, since I have Fanfic/RPG type of board as well. biggrin.gif

Awaiting this feature patiently... biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by mnikolic: Mar 23 2013, 02:20 PM
#
QUOTE (mnikolic @ Mar 23 2013, 12:20 PM)
That's great! This will definitely be useful for one my boards, since I have Fanfic/RPG type of board as well. :D

Awaiting this feature patiently... :D

This, more or less exactly. :D

signature
embrace velocirapture___
PM
#
When I read this thread, I could hear a choir of angels singing.
PM
#
If only I didn't have to deal with an overload of programming related projects for class I could have gotten this one done by now. Ugh, sorry to keep everyone waiting but I assure you this isn't dead or anything, but I want to try to do the changes mentioned before just releasing it.

signature
#
Oh, I can't wait for this to be released!

I run a RPG, as well, and this would cut down Administration time by half, or close to it. I'm going to be stalking this thread now, lol.
#
I'll try to wrap this one up soon. Everyone has been waiting on this one for far too long now.

signature
#
I made some progress on doing the changes I wanted. I made it possible to now be logged in to any account that belongs to a given parent's family and that account will have access to "Post as" etc all of the others that they can switch into.

This obviously makes more sense and lets you choose which account is your favorite to stay logged into without being forced to be on the parent account.

Secondly, I do believe I can get the editing working. It's a little trickier but I already managed to deal with the "Edit post" page and worked on that tonight.

I think this is just going to be an upgrade to the sub accounts system as a whole by the way. I can't think of a good reason why anyone would turn any of these features off as they simply make possible what would be anyway, just with more time and effort. So all of this is just going to become part of that feature being enabled.

A few people here already volunteered for beta testing but it's been months since then. Anyone currently active willing to give this a shot once I have the editing done along with the mobile mode adjustments?

signature
#
Yes -- we're definitely keen to help test at Tallygarunga.
PM
#
I'll hook your board up with it when I'm done. Thanks.

Anyone else?

signature
#
i give it a go

signature
user posted image

Click on Image to get to my e-fed
PM
#
I would love to help!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Development News | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (11) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ClosedNew TopicNew Poll