Pages: (56) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Alert System
#
No problem.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
I am still working on this; I put a lot of hours into it today.

I'm making it so alerts can be sorted by today, a few days ago, a month ago, and also sorted by type. As you can see this is becoming less of a skeleton now and more of everything is actually working.

Everything is coming along very nicely.

Attached 1 File(s)
Attached Image

signature
#
biggrin.gif Can't wait!!

Just now my friend and I were talking bout how we have too many rpg accounts n it's hard to keep track of all those emails and the Alerts System is gonna fix that smile.gif

Question: Will the alerts be per account?.... can alerts from a sub-account appear on your parent (primary) account so u don't need to switch accounts to see the alerts?

signature
#
I will be able to do that later but it will not likely happen for the initial release. Depends on how continued development goes.

signature
#
Not much different from the last screenshot except that things are mostly coming together here. Friend adds are complete, and so are topic replies.The alerts for replies work just like subscription emails - except you get them in alerts. You can click the topic title in this screenshot and be taken right to the post as.

Also the sorting is 95% done now. Now I've placed the second drop down into the mix which is sort by type. So there are a lot of options for browsing alerts which in my opinion was missing from the other systems I've looked at.

I need to make a simple road map for what's left to be done here so you guys can track progress and give comments, and I'll have that later.

Attached 1 File(s)
Attached Image

signature
#
A lot of work got done on the alert system core today. I'm finally making a lot of this come together nicely.

Today I completed quoting in posts and various architectural related changes "under the hood" so to speak that aren't worth going into. A lot of time has been spent to design it intelligently in a way that makes it easy for us to hook into any feature of JFH we want to create alerts for now or in the future.

At this point alerts are working for all of the following: quotes in posts, personal messages, replies to subscribed topics, friend adds.

So I'm really excited at this point that these little features are more or less complete. There are some others left to add like profile comments, settings in the "my controls" for this, as well as some Admin CP things that weren't mentioned in the original post for sending out alerts. I have a couple other small things coming up as well not mentioned that I think everyone will really like. tongue.gif

I obviously won't finish this by end of September but progress is great and I think we'll see beta testing of this pretty soon. Mobile mode for most of the main features of the alert system also has to get done, but I think that will happen during the beta testing.

Attached 1 File(s)
Attached Image

signature
#
Looking great Jcink.
I'm looking forward to the new feature. smile.gif

signature
user posted image
#
An alert macro can be set for read and unread, this macro shown will probably be the default (it's from the famfam set which we use often around here).

Also, each row is set to alert-unread, and .alert-read based on the status of the alert. Text is alert-text. This won't be all of the classes that I make, but the styling options will be there. This is to make it easy to differentiate alerts. Of course if you don't want an image at all you can blank out the macro or use css. Your choice

Attached 1 File(s)
Attached Image

signature
#
Just some general settings.

All of them are the option to "disable" because I plan to just make all alert types on by default. It just makes more sense than expecting every user to have to enable everything.

Attached 1 File(s)
Attached Image

signature
#
    Just want to say it's looking so awesome so far and I can't wait to see it in action.

Two things I do have to ask though:

Is it going to be possible to put it in a javascript dropdown menu, like how you can change where the Account Switcher goes so we can make it a cool dynamic menu instead of having to go to another page to just see the alerts?

And when do you estimate a beta would go? I volunteer my board. XD I'm just so excited I couldn't resist asking anymore.
PM
#
Is it going to be possible to put it in a javascript dropdown menu, like how you can change where the Account Switcher goes so we can make it a cool dynamic menu instead of having to go to another page to just see the alerts?

It is going to come with one or at least the option to enable it.

Don't want to make any beta estimates at the moment, it may be possible that we won't need to do a beta testing of users forums or a whole lot of forums since the resource forum will get it first. I pref to test it on the resource forum first regardless before anywhere else to squash out more issues on our own. Thanks for volunteering already though.

signature
#
QUOTE (Jcink @ Sep 29 2013, 04:42 PM)
It is going to come with one or at least the option to enable it.

Don't want to make any beta estimates at the moment, it may be possible that we won't need to do a beta testing of users forums or a whole lot of forums since the resource forum will get it first. I pref to test it on the resource forum first regardless before anywhere else to squash out more issues on our own. Thanks for volunteering already though.

Very cool!

That makes a lot of sense to use the resource forum first. Easier way to test and see it live in action instead of waiting for testers to report in.

Can't wait to see it!
PM
#
Dev is moving extremely slowly now because of work in my CS classes heating up, but I'm still getting things done when I can. I spent some time earlier in the week making the settings work and testing them so I think that's all okay.

There are more tweaks and adjustments that need to get done and currently it's not working for subscribed topics per-forum. But I will work that in there.

signature
#
I have to say, I'm super excited about this. And the fact that a liking system will come in the future too. It's the TWO features I've been dying to have for sooo long now.

Keep up the good work and continue to keep us updated!
#
Will do of course, indeed, we're really excited to get this feature done.

signature
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Development News | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (56) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ClosedNew TopicNew Poll