Pages: (56) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Alert System
#
any time frame when this be out

signature
user posted image

Click on Image to get to my e-fed
PM
#

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Do you plan on releasing this with the tagging feature?
PM
#
Yes, kinda. See, the tagging feature pretty much requires this which is why development on it began. But I didn't want to half ass the alert system either.

You will see this released before the tagging comes out or itll come out with an option to beta test what I already have done for the tagging. The way I designed the alert system is really smart and allows me to push all types of alerts easily to it in the future.

So it's not a worry to release all at once. Would be cool though I know wink.gif

signature
#
Added profile comment alerts.

I'm going over the code base and trying to really mop this up and finish shaping everything.

Attached 1 File(s)
Attached Image

signature
#
it's looking really cool, jcink! i can't wait to use it.
PM
#
Happy to hear that. Any suggestions or questions are welcome of course. It's been quite a few months since development, I know.

signature
#
QUOTE (Jcink @ Dec 15 2013, 11:11 PM)
Any suggestions or questions are welcome of course. It's been quite a few months since development, I know.

Could there be an option to receive emails for different types of alerts? Something like this:

Attached 1 File(s)
Attached Image
PM
#
I don't see why not. I can add it to the settings page. It won't be in that exact format but similar in what you can do.

Most email settings would be not enabled by default such as for mentions, being quoted in posts and whatnot. Except notifications for topics, replies, and PMs - but those are all already enabled via their own section anyway regardless of the alert system.

signature
#
That would be awesome. I agree that most email settings should be off by default but it would be really useful to allow members the choice to receive an email for alerts that they choose.

PM
#
Most sites have something like this now, so I think for forums to have it it's a step in the right direction for sure. It's a feature I've thought about forums having before, pretty impressed to see that you're already working on this sort of thing.

signature
Experience with Invision Power Board 1.x since 2003
#
I agree with Kesha. This feature would be a proper step in the right direction for JFH. It would be nice if more "modern" skin makers made skins for JFH and utilized all of its features...

signature
#
Love this! Things I'd love to see that I'm sure you're way ahead of me on though:

1. A way for alerts to appear universally over all subaccounts no matter which one the user is logged in on. OR at the very least for the alerts of child accounts to appear while logged into the parent account.

2. An easy way to code the alerts page through the style sheet editor. Like a
/****************************************
Alerts
*****************************************/

Section.
PM
#
1. Yes this will be looked into, although probably not for the initial release.

2. And yes this will be there when released

signature
#
Something I thought about that I haven't seen mentioned:
Will there be a forum subscription alert as well? Similar to the thread alert, but used more for like...Subscribing to your announcements forum and getting an alert when you post a new thread/announcement there?
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Development News | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (56) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » ClosedNew TopicNew Poll