Pages: (78) « First ... 67 68 69 70 71 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

HTML Templates / Custom Forum Templates
#
Topic templates are available, so are post row templates.

Main profiles are still very iffy with all of that data right now. I have to revisit it. Possible to put user data into your own json format...? sure, I guess you could create it and insert the variables. Json has so far been something most have not been comfortable with so I've got to get some examples up on how to use the posts/comments/friends.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
QUOTE (Gunblaza @ Dec 10 2016, 09:10 PM)
Oh yeah. I can do some really cool stuff with this. Post/threads also json base for main profiles? Will the data time be uniform for post/threads/comments?

Possible to put user data into own json format? >_>

Asking for...science reasons.

As far as I know right now there isn't a way to recreate the Shift main profile design you have in the profile templates because there is no way to recreate the default tab system from the default. Hopefully that can be fixed soon http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/wink.gif

signature
user posted image
#
As far as I know right now there isn't a way to recreate the Shift main profile design you have in the profile templates because there is no way to recreate the default tab system from the default. Hopefully that can be fixed soon

Unfortunately it won't be until after BETA, I will have to tear apart quite a bit with the profile template to enable variables to get that to work. It won't directly affect the HTML templates, but rather the existing profile itself. So that it can be actually utilized by templates. The backend of the portal profiles is a mess that I wrote too long ago.

signature
#
since variables for members per group won't be coming for a bit, would it be possible to get it so that we can put webpages into our html templates? i always use that so that my co-admins can update our site stats without worrying about accidentally messing anything up, since people tend to get nervous about breaking skins when they don't know how to code lol.

signature
PM
#
Unfortunately, no -- here is my previous response on that.

I responded to that bit here: http://forum.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic...ge&#entry190602

signature
#
oh, alright. thanks!

signature
PM
#
this may just be an issue i have that no one else is bothered by, but would it be at all possible to have an option where hitting enter in miniprofile fields doesn't automatically become a line break? having html in the fields is really great but in certain text area fields it can be quite annoying like having to retrain myself and others to not use paragraph tags (or else not hit enter) between paragraphs in a character history, or if i just want to have a visual break between list items or something like that so that it's easier for me to read when i'm trying to edit.

signature
PM
#
I'll look into adding that as an option for the custom profile fields.

my to-do list is still as follows
  • Custom Field Variables in Post Row Templates
  • Custom Empty Field Return Values (For those who want to bring N/A back or something else)
  • Examples/More documentation about main profile manipulation especially the JSON variables
  • Add any other quick/last minute necessary variables during my overall review of this topic.

-- there just hasn't been any time for me to get to it, but when I do the custom empty field return values I'll try to add that.

signature
#
QUOTE (John @ Dec 16 2016, 05:31 PM)
I'll look into adding that as an option for the custom profile fields.

my to-do list is still as follows

• Custom Field Variables in Post Row Templates
  • Custom Empty Field Return Values (For those who want to bring N/A back or something else)
  • Examples/More documentation about main profile manipulation especially the JSON variables
  • Add any other quick/last minute necessary variables during my overall review of this topic.

-- there just hasn't been any time for me to get to it, but when I do the custom empty field return values I'll try to add that.

Very happy about number 3. I take it that any sort of Facebook/Twitter/Social Media sharing links can be talked about after beta? I feel like it might be better to have dedicated variables for that then to try and get the encodeURI to work.

signature
user posted image
#
I feel like it might be better to have dedicated variables for that then to try and get the encodeURI to work.

encodeuri or some other function to "fix" that issue is the correct way, we will not be adding media-specific variables. I will figure it out.

signature
#
QUOTE (max rockatansky @ Dec 16 2016, 03:00 AM)
this may just be an issue i have that no one else is bothered by, but would it be at all possible to have an option where hitting enter in miniprofile fields doesn't automatically become a line break? having html in the fields is really great but in certain text area fields it can be quite annoying like having to retrain myself and others to not use paragraph tags (or else not hit enter) between paragraphs in a character history, or if i just want to have a visual break between list items or something like that so that it's easier for me to read when i'm trying to edit.

in the meantime try adding br { display:none; } to your code. for example, if the text box is inside a div called "happy" then add this to your coding:

CODE
.happy br { display:none }
PM
#
thanks wallflower, that little hack is definitely doing me for now!

as another request (wow i feel like such a greedy lil monkey) - maybe this is just really nitpicky and dumb but the ability to customize our pagination more would honestly be awesome imho.

This post has been edited by max rockatansky: Dec 24 2016, 08:56 PM

signature
PM
#
I think a variable for the pagination to be outputted as a json object would work for that request.

signature
#
Merry Christmas!

Custom Field Variables in Post Row Templates is now available and should work without having to enable or disable anything. Just got it implemented today so let me know if there's any problems with it.

signature
#
this could just be a me thing (cause let's face it, it's always a me thing) but does the <!-- |id| --> variable work in the post rows? And if it doesn't, is there an alternative that I can use/could we possibly get it to work?

I ask because I'm trying to link the find all posts/topics there per account.

Thanks John, and Happy Holidays.
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Development News | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (78) « First ... 67 68 69 70 71 ... Last » Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll