Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

New Skin Breaking code
#
I'm trying to load in a secondary skin to my board. I'm hoping that users can use either the old skin or the new one depending on their preferences. I'm having a huge issue.

I've worked on the code in my test site and everything loads correctly. When I created the new skin set on the site, I copy/pasted all of the items from the test site verbatim, but it's breaking the code on the board, but only on the index and forum pages. It's showing all of the forums as the background, and then the forums and body in front of them. It's also completely deleting the side menu. I've run the script to check for errors but I'm not finding anything on the board wrapper. I'm at a loss. The only thing that hasn't been changed are the image and code in the individual forum descriptions, which I copy/pasted into the new skin on the test site and it doesn't break the script..just makes the image longer.

How do I get it to look right?? I'm racking my brain and can't figure it out.

This is what the front page of the site looks like. This is the stock skin code so it's not anything I've edited.. I thought that originally.

user posted image

This post has been edited by mstymndy: Feb 17 2018, 10:16 PM
PM
#
still trying to work this out to no avail...
this sounds like the same issue statedhere however I've not been able to find any erroneous div codes to solve it.. John could I impose on you and ask to see if you can find what's messing everything up?

This post has been edited by mstymndy: Feb 12 2018, 02:22 AM
PM
#
You can put your templates/wrappers/etc into notepad++, or any HTML formatter, and find elements that lack termination pretty quickly.
PM
#
I already did this.. fixed any open div codes.. nothing worked.
PM
#
Lines 227-232 has a mismatched tag sequence, but that's probably not causing your problems. Regardless, this likely isn't something that can be fixed by looking through your wrappers. We'll need a link to a live forum to do anything more.

This post has been edited by Dusty: Feb 13 2018, 01:30 PM
PM
#
QUOTE (Dusty @ Feb 13 2018, 11:29 AM)
Lines 227-232 has a mismatched tag sequence, but that's probably not causing your problems. Regardless, this likely isn't something that can be fixed by looking through your wrappers. We'll need a link to a live forum to do anything more.

A link to the test forum would also be helpful.
PM
#
Here you go: Frisson

password is guestie

I've enabled it to view for members.

Thank you so much!

This post has been edited by mstymndy: Feb 13 2018, 07:22 PM
PM
#
How is this supposed to look? Considering there are numerous .CLMC-Bg1 elements at different levels of the DOM, it's fair to say that there's still one or more unclosed elements:
user posted image

Take another look through your templates, as well as the description and forum titles.

Also, as an aside:
user posted image

an absolutely positioned element cannot also be floated, and vice versa. Both remove the element from the flow of the page, but with completely different results. I'd also warn you against over-relying on the float property, as it tends to be unpredictable and fickle - take a look at this article for extra insight:
PM
#
what I'm struggling with is that it doesn't repeat the forums on the test site.. for some reason when I copy/paste the exact same code onto the real site, it messes everything up.

This is what it looks like on the test site:

Frisson Test

I checked the CLMC-Bg1 div thinking maybe my old skin had it as a duplicate and they were clashing somehow but there's no div code for it on the old skin..

I tried writing the original skin designer last week but they haven't responded.
PM
#
Is this a premade skin that you customized?

If so, if you add the premade skin without the modifications to your current site, does it also break?

signature
user posted image

kindly do not use my site Discord / DM / PM me for support.
#
yes, it broke as well. But when I add it to the test site it loads fine either way... customized or not.
PM
#
figured it out. Too many div codes in the forum descriptions. ty all!
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll