Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Registration Form & Required Fields
#
Earlier today, I had a new potential member attempting to register on site. They pointed out that they kept getting an error message after filling things out, and after much troubleshooting we realized that it was due to said member leaving fields blank when they were required - easy solution, we told them "Put something in there, even if it's N/A!" Done, success registering.

The issue, the member provided a screenshot of the registration form that had me investigating myself, and it was swiftly pointed out that the form does not mark these fields required in any form or fashion. They are marked required on the Custom Fields section. All of the fields in the screenshot below are required.

Is this a bug, and could it be fixed so that the fields are designated required to members?

user posted image

This post has been edited by Ekko: Jul 31 2017, 12:43 AM

signature
user posted image
PM
#
We'll modify the source to use the "required" attribute to avoid any further confusion. Sorry about that.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
No problem! I hadn't used required fields on the main registration form until now, so I never would have noticed. Thanks, John!

signature
user posted image
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Bug Reports | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll