Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

banned ip not really banned?
#
Hi there!

We have a member who is getting the following message:

"Sorry, you are not permitted to use this board."

My co-admin and I have both looked, and the IP address associated with the account is not banned in admin cp nor does it appear to be blacklisted. The member's email address is also not banned.

We're not sure what the issue is or how to fix it.
PM
#
Please send me a copy of your banned list. There is probably a range that was banned. Also send me the member's IP.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Thanks! I sent you all the info you requested via PM.
PM
#
I checked your list and I don't see anything that matches the given IP. That is their current IP, correct and not just the one that appears when you search for their name in the Admin CP?

Please try deleting all the banned IPs and ask if the member can access.

signature
#
No, we didn't see a match either. That's the current IP we see in the last click list when she's attempting to access the site.

We deleted all the IP addresses on the banned IP, and she was allowed to access the site. What is the solution here? We can't unblock all the IP addresses, but none of them match.

EDIT: the current IP address is now different too... but the member can't access the site again now that I restored the deleted IPs.

This post has been edited by brittanica_1359: Aug 1 2017, 03:05 PM
PM
#
I've leveled down your ban list to this by consolidating the 73.112.79s into a wildcard, since you have so many on that subnet banned.

73.112.79.*

Is it possible for you to remove some groups of IPs at a time and check to see if they can access? I have no idea why it's matching an IP that isn't in the list but I can figure out which IP is causing a match it will give me something to go off of.

signature
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Bug Reports | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll