Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Database Backup Issue, It's broken?
#
Hi John. As the title suggests, I'm having an issue. I dunno if this is just my board or everywhere.

Okay so, this happened like a week or so ago when I tried to make a backup and when I went to download it via the [download] link right after updating the file, it just opened the file in the Admin CP as all text. I tried a couple times, and it was the same thing, so I gave up and didn't really mess with it again until now. I kind of figured it might be glitchy at that time, since my regular site, and the game I'm currently hosting had gotten a ton of lag and 502 or 504 bad gateway stuff last week. So I thought maybe I made the database backup file at the wrong time and it was just corrupted or something.

But I just did a backup and tried to download the file afte, and it's all text again, it doesn't start download. I did try to save it another way with "Save link as" and instead of saying SQL file in the folder I keep my backups in, it says CRDOWNLOAD as the type. It's very weird.

I don't know if there was an announcement about this changing or a new way to download the backups or something? Please help.

signature
user posted image

Real time Survivor, Big Brother and many other reality show Role Playing and Strategy Games. PM me for more info!
PM
#
Have not heard of this problem happening to anyone else but we'll look into it. I downloaded a backup from this board a couple of days ago with no problems.

At the very least "save target as" should have worked. What browser are you using?

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Yeah, save target as did not work, that's the thing? I'm using chrome.

I only tried it on my gaming community site, I'll try my current game and see if it works on that real quick. To see if it's a me issue, ykwim. Hang on.

signature
user posted image

Real time Survivor, Big Brother and many other reality show Role Playing and Strategy Games. PM me for more info!
PM
#
I have tested it in chrome now and it was not sending the correct type back, causing it to just display the sql file as text. However, a "save link as" still worked. I have now fixed the type issue as of this moment, and a download is prompted for me in Chrome upon clicking the backup link. Must have been some kind of Chrome update that broke it.

I cannot explain the CRDOWNLOAD though. I never got that. These issues also would not in any way be related to 502/504 gateway issues, for future reference, in case you notice this happening again.

signature
#
Oh awesome, it just worked for my game, so I guess I'll go do it at my main site then. Thanks much <3

Also, I never not used Chrome since I've been using jcink, so the issue coming up all of sudden is weird. I believe it had nothing to do with the board errors, I have no idea how any of that stuff works, lol I'm just saying, that's where my mind was at the last time I tried.

signature
user posted image

PM
#
We'll consider this fixed/solved if it works at the main site then.

signature
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Bug Reports | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll