Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

nth child and post buttons
#
when i made the mock up using regular coding this worked just fine, so i know that my coding, itself, was working. however, when i tried to shove it into place for the actual post templates, it's only calling odd numbers!

CODE
#cPosts .posts8 { height:30px; position:absolute; top:0px; right:0px; }
#cPosts .button-small { width:75px; height:30px; padding:0px; border-left:1px solid #d8d5d5; text-align:center; font-family:source sans pro; color:#684d64; font-size:9px; text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:900; line-height:30px; letter-spacing:1px; float:left; }
#cPosts .button-small:nth-child(even) { background-color:#fdfdfd; }
#cPosts .button-small:nth-child(odd) { background-color:#f9f9f9; }

CODE
<div class="posts8"><!-- |report_link| --><!-- |delete_button| --><!-- |edit_button| --><!-- |quote_button| --></div>

CODE
<span class='button-small'>Quote</span>

on the regular coding attempt, the buttons varied in background color. however, when they are in place properly on the post template, they're only showing the "odd" background color and when i use inspect element on them, it's only acknowledging them all as odd as well.

i have tried swapping "span" to "div" and that didn't help.

This post has been edited by wallflower: Jan 7 2017, 04:39 PM
PM
#
Can we get a link to the board/posts in question?
PM
#
i'm not sure that would help since, as a guest, you would only see one button. i can pm you an account to log on if that would work?
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll