Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Just a quick question, skins etc
#
Is there a place to find people to make forums with? Like I have a big one planned and know I can't take on the task on my own - I've looked at premade themes and/or skins for sale and for free and I really just want something for my site specifically and I'm not sure where to go to find what I'm looking for.

I want something science-fiction-y / aliens vs. predator type.

Does anyone have any tips?

I've definitely considered on doing it myself and teaching myself as I go along, but with my health I don't always have the time.

But feel free to share good places to learn.

Thank you!

George.
#
If you Google "Jcink Resource Site" you can find some of what you're looking for, but to get started you might want to check out:

RPG-D, they have:

Interest checks:
http://rpg-directory.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=113

An employment center:
http://rpg-directory.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=161

And coding:
http://rpg-directory.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8

RPG-D will actually be hosted on Jcink soon, I think, so it's a good resource to check out before that move happens.

There's also Caution as a long-standing resource site, that I'm not as familiar with, but that has lots of stuff to explore.

signature
Kindly do not contact me on Discord or PM me for support.

user posted image
#
Thank you! Those are a great place to start.

I would be happy with a skin that's not mine while I learn to make my own, I used to use proboards for years, even got good at coding before I just got caught up in writing my novel. Just had the hankering for some good quality science fiction roleplay all of a sudden. I had one Doctor Who based proboards that lasted 3 years.

Would like to get to that level with this.

How long have you been making sites/forums for?
#
Personally, I've been coding for ages - I started on Neopets (how embarrassing) editing 'blog' codes that they provided, and went from there. The point being, that I think the best way to learn, sometimes, is to jump right in with some provided code, see what you can do, and Google any problems along the way - as such, premade skins are a dream for learning how to skin sites.

There's also premade skins you can download directly, by logging into your ACP > clicking on 'Skins & Templates' in the left-hand sidebar, and clicking 'Import Skins' from there.

signature

user posted image
#
I did a little of neopets (man haven't thought about that site in a long time because I ended up going to Gaia online).

I've been doing it off and on. Livejournal coding, proboards etc and even a little tumblr. However, i never stuck around on one thing long enough to get great. I want to change that as new illness has left me without a job and my novel isn't happening fast enough and I never sell my paintings because I don't think they're good enough.

My excel in graphic design honestly, more than the coding, but I have all the fantastic ideas too. So I want to be able to do a bit of both and maybe even sell CHEAP skins because I sent them going from $150-300 right now and I'd like to provide some nice 50-60$ ones that are as good as the ones being sold.

Idk. Right now I just want to launch this idea/rp site. Even just talking about it is making me foam in the mouth because I have no friends with similar interests to talk about it with. haha.

As for that last tip, omg I did NOT know that, thank you. x
#
Of course, and good luck!

signature

user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feedback and Discussion | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll