Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Search Function Issue
#
My Board : https://ageofprophecy.jcink.net/index.php

I have this board as a research board and when i am searching for something i get this

The error returned was:

One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters, please choose different keywords. Use quotes to narrow your search.

Is there any way to change it so it will look for words under 4 digits as i really need it to look for less that as i have a lot of videos on there and i need to be able to have the search function set so it will look for words under 4 digits.

I have looked on here to see if this issue has been posted before but couldn't see anything referring to this problem..

signature
The Friendly Bunch Forums

A Great General Community Based Forum For Everyone.
PM
#
I wish I could enable this for you but unfortunately it is not possible. This is a database-wide enforced restriction on the search engine, not something at the forum software level. The database engine excludes three and less letter words like "and", "the", "or." This keeps the search function working for boards even around the million post mark with reasonable speed.

That being said there is a work-around. Instead of searching for the 3 letter word or abbreviation, search with a wildcard.

Ex: you can search for the three letter abbreviation IPB on this forum and obtain results by searching the term IPB* -- the search engine will accept the asterisk. As a result, it will also match anything with it in the string like IPBwrapper, IPBwhatever so it's not the best situation but with the wildcard you *can* get results back with the 3 letter string as well mixed in.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Okay thx for the feedback John, much appreciated, ill try that out..

signature
The Friendly Bunch Forums

A Great General Community Based Forum For Everyone.
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll