Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Icyboards -> Jcink convertor
#
QUOTE (alan sh @ Jun 10 2018, 06:11 AM)
Thanks for the update, John.

When it comes "time" for moving over, what is the process (do we do it? do we email the SQL file? etc.) and how long do you invisage it will be?

regards

Alan

Full details will be provided, but in general based on the current response to this thread, we'll try to handle each on an individual basis and get the conversions done same-day for a couple of users at a time in the beginning, and then increase imports as necessary.

QUOTE (Electrocutioner @ Jun 10 2018, 09:17 AM)
How will admin account data transfer? Will I have to reset my password on my root admin account?

We will reset the root admin account and give you a new temporary password. The board will also be in an offline state when we give it to you, so that you can sort out any issues and change settings (permissions will need to be redone here, for example).

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
That's great to hear John, looking forward to this so I can convert my board http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

signature
user posted image
PM
#
Quick question, what versions of mybb will this conversion handle?

I am not a refugee of Icyboards, but I am running MyBB and might convert back to JFB at some point in the future.. (provided that it too hasn't suffered the same fate as IF..)

signature
Twilight Cafe - No sparkly vampires. No topless werewolves. Just sick, twisted, horribly, horribly inapropriate FRIENDLY people.
user posted image

My Suggestions: 1-10, 11-13,14, 15, 16*, 17,18, 19?, 20,21, 22, 23-31, 32-40, 41-48, 49-53, 54-57, 58*, 59, 60,61,62*,63*,64*,65*,66, 67,68, 69

All of my suggestions in one thread. Updated as of 10/21/15

"There was one of two things I had a right to: liberty or death. If I could not have one, I would take the other, for no man should take me alive." -- Harriet Tubman
#
The converter covers MyBB 1.8.x since that is what IB is running at this time. It may cover prior 1.x versions as well, like 1.6, but I can't be sure.

Also I want to give a big mention / thanks to spork985 for helping me out with a major issue regarding the converter this afternoon. I've had a heck of a time with the character encoding in MyBB 1.8.x and we both bounced ideas around and he helped me figure it out. He really does care a lot about making sure everyone is able to move off IB.

signature
#
Thank you BOTH for working hard to make sure that we are able to transition with as little pain as possible!
#
Thanks for the lightning fast reply Jcink, http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif will this converter handle only Icyboards, or will it do IcyBoards and MyBB as well?

I am on paid hosting now, but in the past, to get used to MyBB software and skinning it, I did use an Icyboard as my test forum.

This post has been edited by Black Angel: Jun 19 2018, 09:15 PM

signature
Twilight Cafe - No sparkly vampires. No topless werewolves. Just sick, twisted, horribly, horribly inapropriate FRIENDLY people.
user posted image

My Suggestions: 1-10, 11-13,14, 15, 16*, 17,18, 19?, 20,21, 22, 23-31, 32-40, 41-48, 49-53, 54-57, 58*, 59, 60,61,62*,63*,64*,65*,66, 67,68, 69

All of my suggestions in one thread. Updated as of 10/21/15

"There was one of two things I had a right to: liberty or death. If I could not have one, I would take the other, for no man should take me alive." -- Harriet Tubman
#
Spork has advised me that I can point a MyBB 1.6 database at 1.8, and it will just upgrade it which is pretty much what he did to upgrade all the IB forums to the newer version of mybb.

So the answer is yes, the converter won't just be an icyboards converter after it's all done being written.

signature
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feedback and Discussion | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (5) « First ... 3 4 5  Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll