Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Enable/Disable Code Buttons
#
So, I know we can add custom bbcodes, allowing members other options for the code buttons. However, I would be interested in a way to go through the basic built in ones such as bold, italic, underline, font, size, color, align and so on - and choose to enable or disable some of them. For instance, on my forum choosing a different font style is not necessary and I would like to remove it from the options available. I hope something like this is possible!
#
Yes, I'd like to disable small text so my users don't make unreadable posts. I have a lot of visual problems and small text is too hard for me to read. So if I could disable only smaller font sizes, that'd be amazing. Or I can just disable that dropdown entirely and add only a [big] custom BBcode.
PM
#
QUOTE (Electrocutioner @ Jun 7 2018, 03:24 PM)
Yes, I'd like to disable small text so my users don't make unreadable posts. I have a lot of visual problems and small text is too hard for me to read. So if I could disable only smaller font sizes, that'd be amazing. Or I can just disable that dropdown entirely and add only a [big] custom BBcode.

So as a suggestion, since your post seems to be different than the original idea here(and this will let you fix the issue sooner), I'd say your best bet would be putting in your rules somewhere that people aren't allowed to use a Font Size below X with X being the size of your choice. Cause even if you get rid of that button, people can still type it in there. Like on my forum I allow different sizes for labels/quotes/timestamps people want to do, but it has a min/max just as the the body of post(whether in a template) or not, and specifically say that we're anti-tiny font on the forum lol it really does seem to help. For people that want the font to be smaller for some reason, or even much bigger, there's add-ons out there you could recommend like AlphaText.
PM
#
It's messy, but one thing I did in the past was use filters. For instance I might filter:

[size=

into

CHANGING FONT SIZES IS DISABLED ON THIS SITE. FONT CHANGE DETECTED:

And then:

[/size]

Into:

WHICH IS NOT PERMITTED. THANKS FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION.

So the following:

CODE
[size=1][/size]

Would become:

CHANGING FONT SIZES IS DISABLED ON THIS SITE. FONT CHANGE DETECTED: 1 WHICH IS NOT PERMITTED. THANKS FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION.

The same thing works for changing fonts. I haven't tested this for a year or two, but at that time it worked. I know it's not the same as just disabling the feature, but might help in the interim, along with the great suggestion made above of communicating with your members.

signature
Kindly: do not contact me on Discord for support, do not PM me for support. Thanks for understanding!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feature Requests | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll