Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Automate one aspect of your forum's managamement
#
QUOTE (adcaelum @ Aug 19 2016, 01:56 PM)
3) I would love a similar system to "schedule" PMs for specific usergroups. For example, I do regular activity checks on my rp forum, and after each check, I send a PM to everyone currently in the Inactive usergroup. It would be rad if I could have that PM saved and go out regularly without me copy and pasting it into the "mass PM" feature of the ACP. It would also be handy to do board-wide scheduled PMs for the same reasons I described for scheduled posts.

would love this! perhaps a "conditional" pm where it goes out automatically when you swap someone's member group.

then when you "accept" members, they get a "welcome to your group do your claims" message and when you mark them "inactive" they get a "you're inactive to change that blah blah" message.

This post has been edited by wallflower: Aug 27 2016, 10:35 AM
PM
#
This is something I've mentioned before, elsewhere, but I would love love, the ability to assign a poster to multimods as well.

A lot of roleplay boards, all of mine, use a single staff account to handle application approval, pending, denial, & to post announcements, etc. I'd love if we could also dictate when creating a multimod, which account should post the message we dictate.

So, for instance, if I wanted to pend an application, I read it on my account, hit "Pending!" Multimod, & the Staff account would post "This application is pending, please check your inbox in an hour for a message from us!" In the topic, & the topic would be moved to pending.

This way, staff who are no longer present aren't still leaving staff posts we have to manually clean up, or archive...Did that make sense?

signature
"Trust me, I'm a doctor."
user posted image
PM
#
Back with yet another idea that might be impossible!

It would be super rad to be able to ban IPs from the forum rather than look up a post, copy the IP address associated with it, log into the CP, then paste the IP into the banned list. I'd love for the dropdown menu to include "delete topic and ban user IP" and/or "delete post and ban user IP." It would even be a big improvement to add this as an option to the "IP Address Tools" page that pops up if you click on a user's IP.
PM
#
QUOTE (adcaelum @ Sep 21 2016, 02:28 PM)
Back with yet another idea that might be impossible!

It would be super rad to be able to ban IPs from the forum rather than look up a post, copy the IP address associated with it, log into the CP, then paste the IP into the banned list. I'd love for the dropdown menu to include "delete topic and ban user IP" and/or "delete post and ban user IP." It would even be a big improvement to add this as an option to the "IP Address Tools" page that pops up if you click on a user's IP.

Not impossible and I actually agree with it. This would just need to be restricted to users with Admin CP access is all.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
I would love to have something like automatic "paychecks" sent to members. For example, my rpg has careers as the usergroups, and it would be nice to set up a specific amount of gold to send depending on the usergroups (or person) along with setting a specific day. Then whenever that month/day comes around that group or person would automatically receive the gold amount I set.

This would be perfect for rpgs that revolve around employment and careers.

Hopefully this made sense. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

#
Interesting suggestion and totally makes sense. Thanks for your input.

signature
#
QUOTE (perfect circle @ Nov 22 2016, 06:04 AM)
I would love to have something like automatic "paychecks" sent to members. For example, my rpg has careers as the usergroups, and it would be nice to set up a specific amount of gold to send depending on the usergroups (or person) along with setting a specific day. Then whenever that month/day comes around that group or person would automatically receive the gold amount I set. 

This would be perfect for rpgs that revolve around employment and careers.

Hopefully this made sense. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

I have no use for this on my forum as it stands, but this is such an awesome idea! If it existed I'd probably create something on my forum to make use out of it, honestly.

It'd be awesome with a few extras too, like if one member - not only staff - can even choose to send another member their own money/points on a schedule, like pocket money for children, or if the money was to come from a boss to their workers instead of the money coming from nowhere. Or maybe members can just send each other gifts automatically on character's birthdays.

It'd be cool if you could also do it from activity levels. Like a bonus for people who have posted x amount in the last month or year, which would make it more useful to forums who aren't career/employment RPGs. But these might be over-complicating it. The original idea is great on its own.

One thing I really would like to see if this came in though, regardless of my last 2 points, is if a PM was sent out to the members to inform that they've received the 'paycheck', or whatever you decide to name it on your forum. Sort of like a receipt, just so you know that it's actually working etc. Or possibly a log of what points have come in/gone out from your account on the ibstore or bank. It'd also be good to go to an admin, so that they know first hand too.

signature
user posted image
PM
#
Does it count to say "a drafts system"? Meaning, a system to store a partially typed-up post for later editing and eventual posting, like your Twitter drafts or something. At the moment I have to tell members to PM themselves their post or store it on Notepad or something, and it's a really inconvenient workaround for what could be something just built-in. I can see a lot of RP and game forums making use of this, though any could, really.
PM
#
A way to deactivate user accounts, when they haven't posted for a certain amount of time.

I usually look at the people who havent posted in the last X days, but instead of deleting them, to move them all in the "inactive" category.

That would be awesome!
PM
#
this goes a long with the post above me, but something like a member purge? I know mybb does it. It basically deletes accounts that have 0 posts after so many days?
PM
#
QUOTE (Sundae @ Dec 29 2016, 10:52 PM)
this goes a long with the post above me, but something like a member purge? I know mybb does it. It basically deletes accounts that have 0 posts after so many days?

This already exists, although you do have to do some manual labor.

I prefer it this way, to be honest, since we have OOC accounts which literally never post but are mandatory for staff contact purposes.

signature
user posted image user posted image user posted image
#
QUOTE (SithLordOfSnark @ Dec 30 2016, 12:25 AM)
QUOTE (Sundae @ Dec 29 2016, 10:52 PM)

This already exists, although you do have to do some manual labor.

I prefer it this way, to be honest, since we have OOC accounts which literally never post but are mandatory for staff contact purposes.

This is why I prefer the way things are now.
Although having the option of doing it automatically could always be a thing for non-RP forums.
PM
#
Hope this hasn't been suggested before, but I recently filled my allotted inbox space on one of the forums I'm a member of, and I had no idea for about half a week. It probably would've been longer had I not been expecting a reply. Meanwhile, a member on my own forum has run out of inbox space and I increased the group's inbox space to let her know but then decreased again cus it was a nice round number XD

I think it'd be a good automated feature to either have a pop up every time you log in (or if you stay logged in then just every day or week?) to let you know your inbox is full, or it could go through the alert system, if enabled? As well as when you first reach 100% full.

Alternatively, an automated email to the member saying that your inbox is full, perhaps once when it happens and then every month or so, so that people will remember. They can always unsubscribe if they're not planning to return to the site or to fill it.

I think it'd be cool to have it be an automated system that admins can either enable or disable, or at least enable or disable repeated reminders in case it annoys anybody, I think it'd depend on how many members you have whether you'd want that or not.

signature
user posted image
PM
#
On the default Navbar I believe that exists. It should say "messenger full." This doesn't address custom inbox incidators though, so it is something for us to think about.

signature
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feedback and Discussion | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 3  Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll