Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Dynamic Skinning
#
Hey John

Sometimes skinning can be a real pain the in butt to do when you have people who have different screen resolutions. either something covers something else or some things just don't show up at all. Is there anyway to work around that without having to shove everything into one small corner of the site so that it works for every resolution screen out there?
PM
#
Look into responsive design. If you make elements of your skin responsive it should work better.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
John

can you give me tips or a place I can look at to implement that into my skin?
PM
#

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Here's how I test mine, though I take the cell phone ones with a grain of salt, particularly given that Jcink comes with an awesome mobile version. What John linked you to talks about "media queries" so I'd say pay good attention to that, because that's how I've done it, given that I didn't do a "mobile first" design the way a lot of people recommend with a responsive skin. That being said, it's always helpful to know you're going to build a responsive skin from the ground up.

If you're interested in it, you could always look into a framework like Bootstrap, although personally I just found it frustrating I think that's just because I code in a particular way - it might work as training wheels on someone learning / someone wanting to speed up development.

signature
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feedback and Discussion | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll